3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day both the yellow ANTI-LOCK and the red BRAKE lights went on when I started the car and stayed on for my 5 minute drive back home. Turned off the car and looked around under the hood. I then started it back up to put it in the garage for the night - back to normal, no lights. Took it out the garage the next day to take photos and put it back in - still no lights.

The master cylinder reservoir cap says to fill to the fill line but the only line I can see is MAX on the side. Is the MAX line the fill line or am I going blind and can't see it? Judging from the photos do I need more fluid? I've done a ton of work on this car but never brakes.

Thanks

Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive fuel system Auto part

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

·
Administrator
1,472 Posts
Sometimes triggered by a weak reading on a wheel speed sensor, which are prone to cracking at the hub or getting pinched in the many busy areas they run thru.

Could also be another ABS thing, so you may want to try getting codes read for any B-series ones that come from there for a hint.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information, Dave. I had the car inspected yesterday and had them flush the brake fluid since it hadn't been done in while. No brake lights on the way there or back. I didn't mention the lights coming on to them - didn't want them hunting around for something that just happened once so far. If it happens again I'll take a look at the speed sensors and check for codes. I just bought an ELM327 based on a reply you made to a post not so long ago. Before that I was just using an old ScanGauge II for reading codes.

Thanks again.

·
Administrator
1,472 Posts
Ya, the old ScanGauges were decent, and I enjoyed borrowing one from a GN buddy years ago, but things have gotten much more functions for cheaper since those days. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts