3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a whipple of ebay and I had few questions. I'm going to put on a new throttle body do you think I should use an LS1 or is a ported throttle body good enough? I want to get a intercooler down the line does anyone know what/or if all intercoolers will work will them I wont put the intercooler on until Spring probobley because I can't afford it now. What is do you think I need to accompany this, I figure i'll need bigger injectors too. I'm going to get an afc with my throttle body, and in the Spring I want to buy a new PCM. I also want a bigger cam later but I can't install a cam right now hopefully I'll be able to do it my self later. But the main thing I want to know is what kind of throttle body I should put on when I get it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
well considering this is not going to bolt to your factory lower mani, no IC out there is going to bolt up either. Time to go custom everything including the adapter for the LS1 TB. Its do able and people have done it but its not easy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm pretty sure the kit comes with an adapter for most throttle body's so I would think that the Throttle body would be fine. There is also a 1"adapter under the whipple so I thought you could hook up an intercooler using the adapter but I'm sure about hood clearance. Is there anyone on the boards running a whipple that could give me more feedback?

·
Registered
16 Posts
The person selling the kit you just bought is Animul on ClubGP Forums. You might want to ask him to get the best answers. And apparently you can use an intercooler but it will just sit quite a bit higher since there's the adapter and the charger is taller.

·
Registered
32 Posts
There's a guy here in the STL club that just purchased the same kit. It comes with an adapter to bolt to the stock intake, so it will accept any I/C that's available for the M90 currently. The LS1 will bolt up directly to the Whipple. Stock fuel lines will work. As far as the injectors, I don't know; he's already running 42.5's.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Is there a link to the auction you won? It would be easier to see what was included and already modified.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
46 Posts
problem????

Um the winner of this auction did already pay me the price plus extra to get a polished blower. Unless you go by different names and you are "unclebizz" (the auction winner), then there has been a mix up. That is a blower I was selling it has been sold. Someone else that was bidding on it also contacted me and forewarded me an email that appeared to be from ebay saying i was giving them a second chance because the auction winner did not go through with the purchase. This was a fraudulant email. PLEASE CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY and let me know what account you sent your money to. I am the only person selling these kits and it appears that you may be dealing with a fraud. I already contacted ebay about the first time something seemed fishy and I will be contacting them again. Please also keep onto any correspondence you have made with the person you sent your money to.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ohh sh!t...some one in the UK has it in for them.

I know some people over there, so if you need some help please let me know. Seriously, I do know a handful of people over there that have helped me before, maybe now they can get ruthless and start breaking legs.

Let me know what you want from me, and I will see what I can come up with. I hate theves.

~Farnsworth~

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the support guys, this really blows I have to file complaints with the police/fbi and other agencies; so I'm not completly sure whats going to hapen hopefully I'll be able to get my money back and put it into a real whipple. Luckily when this guy picked up his money from western union he had to show his ID and as soon as I get the police report they said they'd give me all his info so hopefully this guy shouldn't be that hard to track down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts