3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have access to a Pontiac Transport Mini-Van. It has a 3800 in it now. I am wondering how hard it would be to boost it. I know that i am going to need all the things that a top swap will require but is there anything else that might be needed in addition to all of this?
Wouldn't that be great having a mini-van with a blower? Talk about one hell of a sleeper:icon_twis .
Dan

·
Registered
95 Posts
but is there anything else that might be needed in addition to all of this?
A trans that will take the extra weight of the Van and the extra power of the engine.

·
Registered
939 Posts
L67 heads, Fuel rail, reprogrammed pcm, fuel injectors and other things I can't think of.

Ed

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well nothing crazy. But surly something that would be different. I am not looking to pull 10's but a 13.5-14.5 would be cool I think. I can pull out all of the seats and run it that way and that would take alot of the weight. + to top that off the whole body is fiberglass or plastic. So I know that that is going to save on weight also.
Also I did not notice it when I posted this but I think that this is in the wrong section. If a mod/admin wants to feel free to move it.
Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I think your best bet is getting the whole l67 drivetrain and stuffing it in hell they can make it work in a camaro you can make it work to. Best of luck on this project...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well I have access to a Pontiac Transport Mini-Van. It has a 3800 in it now. I am wondering how hard it would be to boost it. I know that i am going to need all the things that a top swap will require but is there anything else that might be needed in addition to all of this?
Wouldn't that be great having a mini-van with a blower? Talk about one hell of a sleeper:icon_twis .
Dan
Hi 👋🏼 did you ever swap in the SC3800 in your Pontiac Transport…??

·
Administrator
1,472 Posts
Hey bud, appreciate the enthusiasm, but digging up zombie posts that died out 10-15yrs ago isn't going to do anything but clutter the currently active topics. I'd recommend sticking to the NEW button up top to stay current with folks who are regularly logging in and posting.

Anything you want to know for your build, just add in replies under your own post we've already got going. That ensures you're not throwing a bunch of random questions out in the wind that aren't getting addressed by folks who logged off 10+yrs ago, rather than keeping us all engaged in your own discussion that'll keep us informed of your progress.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts