3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been having a problem with bogging off of the line. I've tried several different launch RPM's (stalling from 1400-3000 ) and methods of launching and i still seem to bog. My car will spin and the tach will hit about 4500rpm's and then i will get wheel hop and it will drop under 4000. Whats the deal? I am about to spray a 75 shot out of the hole to see what it does. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would check your intake, I had this problem about 3-4 months ago, I was just driving regular and my car started to bog on the launch just as you have said, I would get into the gas almost half way right off the line, but it would chug all the way up too 3000rpms and then hook up. Try checking your intake, my problem was that my tube had come right off my TB and there was nothing restricting air flow.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My intake looked fine. But its a very free flowing intake. Its just a 45 degree peice with a huge K&N cone filter on the end of it. Should i change the way my intake is set up?....Come to think about it, i do remember that when my car was stock it would do a burn out all the way through 1st gear, that was with the stock intake. You think that is my problem?

·
Registered
19 Posts
it could be but I doubt it, if you have your intake fastened properly and there are no leaks then that should not be the problem, but I would put the stock intake back on and check just to see, if its not that there might be a problem with your MAF sensor, or with the TB. I have heard of the plate in there getting really fowled and sticking when you initially accelerate, I would change the intake back to stock and while your doing that check out the TB and look for build up. also, are there any codes being thrown at all, you might take to autozone and have it scanned as well

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no, no codes being thrown. I'm gonna double check everything and see what the deal is. I'll take a look at the TB also and make sure everything looks fine. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
225 Posts
is your TCS engaged? if so when it senses a loss of traction it will PULL power and slow the car down... aka make the car bog to save the tranny and such.
just a thought

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, i make sure that TCS is off. thanks though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts