3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any1 elses 3800 hav bog on launch issues. If i try to floor it from down low it bogs down i hav 2 back the peddle off & increase speed gradually. Apparently BOL is a thing accourding to zzp & can b tuned out. Does any1 know what is happening when it bogs is it lack of fuel or what not.

·
Super Moderator
358 Posts
That's a pretty generic description. I haven't dealt with a stock 3800 in a while, but I know transmission downshift settings, boost bypass/torque management settings, factory components, etc. are all things you have to overcome to make it more snappy.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Does any1 elses 3800 hav bog on launch issues. If i try to floor it from down low it bogs down i hav 2 back the peddle off & increase speed gradually. Apparently BOL is a thing accourding to zzp & can b tuned out. Does any1 know what is happening when it bogs is it lack of fuel or what not.
Guess I haven't run into that problem. My first suggestions would be to check the TPS numbers under launch conditions. If the TPS isn't showing proper tps readings, I would start there and see what happens. ALSO, test for proper fuel pressure. Guess those are my first thoughts. Get back to us with the info you run across Mr Goodwrench (Jake) On another note, a long while back I ran across one that had these conditions. As I remember my fix was to move the TPS enough to get a quicker TPS reading for the pcm. In that case it worked great. Hopefully this might be a fix for you ailment... If you have access to a decent scanner, try checking the TPS response as you increase throttle pressure. This can be done without the engine running. I would also suggest you re check the fuel delivery and fuel pressure as well as fuel volumn. If any of these numbers are off, best recheck the fuel delivery......pressure and volume. Hope some of this helps........ ps.....maybe the TPS is not doing it's job during initial throttling....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts