3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any1 elses l67 (relitivley stock) suffer from bog @ launch. Any1 know how 2 overcome it . Ive read about it on zzp's website b4 so its a thing apparently & can b tuned out. The symptoms r either from a stop or rolling stop i plant the peddle & the engine bogs down. Im thinking it could b valve bounce but not sure exactly. Its kind of like the power is governed down low.

·
Super Moderator
358 Posts
Another reason you'll want to get something to actually scan your car if you want to not be guessing at issues. You're at a point where being able to modify the tune a bit is going to be a benefit, anyway.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Does any1 elses l67 (relitivley stock) suffer from bog @ launch. Any1 know how 2 overcome it . Ive read about it on zzp's website b4 so its a thing apparently & can b tuned out. The symptoms r either from a stop or rolling stop i plant the peddle & the engine bogs down. Im thinking it could b valve bounce but not sure exactly. Its kind of like the power is governed down low.
My thoughts are it is lacking fuel delivery and pressure....maybe even a poorly working TPS(throttle position sensor).
My first thoughts were to check fuel pressure and VOLUMN delivery. If you can get it scanned, you would be able to see if it's going lean or rich with initial throttle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did hook up a fuel pressure gague did idle & on road test all normal. But yes scan would tell me more. While we r on scanners do u know if a tech2 would read rich/lean condition?

·
Super Moderator
358 Posts
A legitimate Tech 2 would be able to read the factory O2 sensor output (should be about 900mV if yours are similar narrow band like ours).

An aftermarket wideband O2 sensor is required for seeing a more true reading of A/F. Many here use the Innovate, PLX, AEM, or similar. Most use the Bosch LSU sensor that was OEM in VW's.

·
Registered
73 Posts
A Tech2 is a fantastic scanner with a very high refresh rate, graphing, and record abilities. A properly working stock style O2 sensor should toggle between 150mv-850mv. The leaner the exhaust the lower the voltage. That’s on the B1S1 O2, the B1S2 should be around 480-680mv if the cat is working. No cat and it should nearly mirror the first sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts