3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been buying stuff from US for years and great information gleamed from a lot of sites. I use the engine L67 in a jet race boat. We race for 40 minutes at a time flat out, hence I have a few broken parts. I seem a little obsessive. We dont have flash dynos in New Zealand, the engine dyno I use only has a power gauge and a calculator so I cant really expect you to believe the HP and torque figures. Mods are
stroked to 4.2 litres
custom rods and pistons
thrasher cam
intense stage 3 heads
1.8 roller rockers
1000cc injectors
vortec V1-T trim race blower
vortec Mondao intercooler and bypass value
Motec M800 ecu
Motec CDI ignition
Motec E888 data logging
we run at 21 pounds of boost at 5600 rpms

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I have probably gone very extreame, the Vortec intercooler is just amazing, it is a double pass and reduces the heat from 320F down to 55F with around 1 psi reduction in boost. Top speed so far is 98.8 MPH. Dont you just love cold water, we are trying some water injection but need to do a little more work on that yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We are using an American Turbine jet unit, it is a pressure pump. Basically the more HP the larger the impellor and the faster you go. With the near 700 HP we have been up to 98 MPH. Would like to get over 100 this year....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.