3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gidday, don't know if this the right place to post this but anyway...

I want to know if any one has produced a how to book for race prepping the 3800 V6 series 2 block ? Our ecotec here in OZ. :)

·
Banned
189 Posts
Gidday,

I am not aware of any official publication for race prepping these engines. However, we have learned a TON about these engines and have a very good engine builder as well.
click here .Feel free to search our site as well.

BIG JEFF

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks BIG JEFF,
I have looked at yours and others sites.
But was hoping for a quicker way to get the finer details. "Hot Rodding the 3800 series 2 for Dummies" or something like that, lol.

You see in another thread there was talk of a intense prepped block having extra oil drain back holes drilled in the valley area. Things like hole sizes, exact locations etc etc are not that easy to pick up as alot of things are said in generalization.

That is just a single example regarding the block of course. :)

·
Banned
189 Posts
David,

I don't forsee myself writing a publication anytime soon as we are very busy. However, if you ask some specific questions here I will answer them
in as much detail as possible, and send images to correspond with my answers. If you are serious about a reliable high horsepower engine, we can get you there.

BIG JEFF

·
Registered
261 Posts
spd98 said:
:p AW c'mon jeff I'd buy your book
Same here. I still have a spare block that needs rebuilt also. :)

Greg

PS. Shawn my rebuilt block should be done next week and I will try and get some pics for you if you want.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I think thats a good idea as well, for one of the vendors to write a book on how to build the 3800 for performance. I'd bet a lot of people would buy it if the price were right and it included a nice bit of info.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BIG JEFF said:
David,
If you are serious about a reliable high horsepower engine, we can get you there.
BIG JEFF
Thanks BIG JEFF, you hit the nail on the head there. Reliable high horsepower is what I want. Although being new to the 3800 block and it's oiling system I don't want to learn by mistakes. Couldn't afford that anyways. :)

Maybe I should start a thread on what should I do to the block. Then let every one have a say. Probably get some good info from that approach.

:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts