3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're having real big troubles trying to bleed the air out of my buddy's IC system. Its an ILGPC core, Scirocco rad and Shurflo pump. We have it set up with the pump in the passengers fenderwell, through the rad going up, through the core, then on the return hose we route it behind the alternator and make it the highest point in the system. To there we've attached a coolant flushing T, to fill the system and attempt to bleed it. No matter how much we try, it seems like air is constantly in the system, the water is always bubbley when the pump is running.

What's the proper way to setup a filler and bleed system on a closed circuit water IC system?

·
Registered
467 Posts
It's always a PITA to do this. What I do is cut the bottom off a 2-litre bottle and screw in into a hose attached off a T in the lines. It has to be sitting high enough above everything. I fill it up, then run the pump until bubbles stop coming up. Takes a long time...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I used a quick connect water line fitting (similar to refrigerator ice maker fitting) from Lowes. I drilled the coolant flush T cap and rtv'ed the fitting on the cap and ran the line to an overflow bottle. It seemed to cure the bubbles in the coolant problem. FWIW, I return my coolant to the top of the rad and feed from the bottom to the pump to the core.

Mike

·
Vendor
260 Posts
We include a bleeder/ fill kit with our ICs. Since the radiator is not at the lowest point of the system it is impossible to use this as a fill point. You can do one of two things:

- Cut and splice in a T at the highest point in the system. Cycle the pump and fill the system through this T as the pump is cycling. At first it's going to compress the air and you're going to get shot in the face with water but as you keep going it will settle down. As soon as you get to the point where the pump has been cycling 1 minute or so and you can't get any more fluid in the system, cap the T and tuck it off to the side.

- Easy Way! :) - Get a fill/ bleeder kit from Walmart. They are branded under the "Help" name. They are small and kind of cheap, but they'll get the job done easily.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts