3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi as the title says im after the best turbo cam to suit the turbo engine im building which is going to be a series 2 ecotec V6 (im from Australia) using L32 rods and pistons with a comp of 8.0:1. im looking for a power output of 550-600hp at the flywheel or 300rwkw at the rear wheels and rev to 6500-6700rpm max. now i was looking at either the "VS cam" from ZZperformance or the stage 1 turbo cam from Intense Racing. what is everyone else using and would either of these be a good cam to use. oh by the way im going to run 1.60:1 full roller rockers. and this car is a my daily driver on the street
cheers in advance for any help
Mark

·
Registered
124 Posts
wel right now i think intense has the only turbo cam out in the market. The VS cam is for a supercharger only and would yield poor results if paired with a turbo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the info the stage 2 and 3 cams look promising is there many peoply running these cams and getting good results or have you heard anything good about them compared to the intense ones.
cheers for all the help
Mark

·
Registered
238 Posts
VS_S_PAK said:
thanks for the info the stage 2 and 3 cams look promising is there many peoply running these cams and getting good results or have you heard anything good about them compared to the intense ones.
cheers for all the help
Mark

being that most the turbo kits just cam out im not sure if too many people have gotten to putting in a turbo cam yet, as far as which turbo cam is better to use its hard to say both INTENSE and STattama have good turbo cams, it basically comes down to how aggressive of a turbo cam you want, in general from what i have heard though you want a turbo cam to have less duration on the exhaust side so the engine cam hold in boost longer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts