3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day again!

I've got a set of EIBACH (sp?) springs installed, and am suffering from the painful "Pogo Effect" (as expected).

Just looking for recommendations on replacement shock absorbers to eliminate my problem. I hear Koni makes a good product, not to mention it's pretty much all I see around the sites.

Thanks,

Ross

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
You have the Eibachs on stock struts? if so you will want somethning more aggressive like the GMPP Konis. Some people have the KYBs. I have the GMPP and I love them. adjustable to the ride quality you like and you can swap out the GMPP springs for Eibachs if you so desire.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Here's how to eliminate the "pogo"

2000Falcon said:
Good day again!

I've got a set of EIBACH (sp?) springs installed, and am suffering from the painful "Pogo Effect" (as expected).

Just looking for recommendations on replacement shock absorbers to eliminate my problem. I hear Koni makes a good product, not to mention it's pretty much all I see around the sites.

Thanks,

Ross
Who says us Canucks are good for nothing??? :p

http://www.oqcgp.net/forum/kb.php?mode=article&k=7

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lav74 said:
Who says us Canucks are good for nothing??? :p

http://www.oqcgp.net/forum/kb.php?mode=article&k=7
Well, I didn't say anything like that, but anyone who does had better watch out... LOL

That fix is amazing, and appears so damn easy.. Have you done this with your car? I'd love to hear from anyone who had done it personally.

Thanks so much for the info, greatly appreciated!!

Ross :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
2000Falcon said:
Well, I didn't say anything like that, but anyone who does had better watch out... LOL

That fix is amazing, and appears so damn easy.. Have you done this with your car? I'd love to hear from anyone who had done it personally.

Thanks so much for the info, greatly appreciated!!

Ross :)
Haven't done it to my car, since I don't have any lowering springs on... and the car doesn't pogo... but a couple of people have done it on our local CGP board... I'll do a search and post a link later... I remember they were impressed, and happy it was so cheap.

Probably find some more testimonies on ClubGP...

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lav74 said:
a couple of people have done it on our local CGP board... I'll do a search and post a link later... I remember they were impressed, and happy it was so cheap.

Awsome!! Thanks agian. I haven't surfed around much on the ClubGP site, but i'll check it out for sure.

Thanks! :cool:

·
Registered
58 Posts
lav74 said:
Haven't done it to my car, since I don't have any lowering springs on... and the car doesn't pogo... but a couple of people have done it on our local CGP board... I'll do a search and post a link later... I remember they were impressed, and happy it was so cheap.

Here's a link...

http://www.oqcgp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11330&highlight=pogo

http://www.oqcgp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10399&highlight=pogo

If I got Eibachs or Springtechs... I'd go with this mod...

·
Registered
13 Posts
So I'm taking it is a no-no to put lowering springs on my GS without changing the struts as well? Gee, 250.00 for the springs, how much are the Koni or similiar type struts? Then installation cost? Will this make the ride harsher over uneven payment?
I really would like to lower the car without sacrificing ride quality that much. I feel that the stock suspension on the GS is fine straight, but even making a right hand turn from a stop seems kind of Cadillac"ish". Steering is too light.........GS1

·
Registered
139 Posts
GS1 said:
So I'm taking it is a no-no to put lowering springs on my GS without changing the struts as well? Gee, 250.00 for the springs, how much are the Koni or similiar type struts? Then installation cost? Will this make the ride harsher over uneven payment?
I really would like to lower the car without sacrificing ride quality that much. I feel that the stock suspension on the GS is fine straight, but even making a right hand turn from a stop seems kind of Cadillac"ish". Steering is too light.........GS1
putting on aftermarket springs with stock shock absorbers is like using a condom with a whole in it. ****ing worthless.

why did you even buy aftermarket springs?!?! just cut your stock ones. it's just as smart as not replacing the struts.

#1. you'll blow your stock struts much quicker.
#2. If your doing the work of putting in springs yourself save yourself the trouble and DO THE JOB ONCE AND DO IT RIGHT.
#3. your car is more dangerous to ride in because of the 'pogo' effect. you bounce over the road, over lanes, and can bounce into another car if you hit a good sized bump going 70mph. <---i'v seen it happen.
#4. With the 'pogo fix' you still have crappy struts that arn't ment to handle the increased spring rate. your car may feel like it handels better but in reality it doesn't.

in conclusion: buy a real suspension don't 1/2 ass it. a suspension and brakes is more important then an exhaust or intake or any other performace mod you can think of. wow you can go fast in a straight line but i can actually take corners and move lanes without the danger of my car sliding off into a rail or worse another person...

just my 2 cents. ;)

·
Registered
139 Posts
smooth you've replied after like 4 of my posts...stop following me =]

edit:
for 20 bucks it's worth fixing it.
however your still not solving the real problem of using the correct shocks.
i love half assing things on my car. it works so well...uhh wait...no?

·
Registered
316 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts