3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my hands on an 01 grand prix gt with the series 2 3800, and I’m wanting to know what would make it run more “efficiently” power wise, I’m pretty inexperienced with engines and working on cars in general, and I have access to basic tools. I just want to know what to buy is all, and i’d would like to gain some wisdom from you.

·
Super Moderator
425 Posts
ZZP made a video with list of starter mods (in increasing order of wrench level and cost):
https://youtu.be/CpzeM1xS4TI
  • PCM tune
  • intake
  • 2.5" downpipe
  • HV3 insert
  • 1.9 rockers
  • boost (supercharger or turbo)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I recently got my hands on an 01 grand prix gt with the series 2 3800, and I’m wanting to know what would make it run more “efficiently” power wise, I’m pretty inexperienced with engines and working on cars in general, and I have access to basic tools. I just want to know what to buy is all, and i’d would like to gain some wisdom from you.
I would say the easiest way is improving the exhaust flow. The front manifold is reportedly restrictive and a weak point in the exhaust. You can purchase a ZZ Powerlog manifold that flows better, improve the down pipe and you should pick up a few horses. The P-Log is basically a bolt in part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts