3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the best catback exhaust to use, i dont want somethin that is annoyingly loud, but i want it to have a deep tone. i've been told to try borla or slp. any suggestions???? :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
exhaust

i just did a 2 1/2in cat back, i used a summit fully welded 2 1/2in. sounds real sweet. these mufflers are made by walker for summit. 39.95ea. well worth it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx for ur info. yeah borla is a lil on the expensive side. and i'll have to check out those mufflers from summit. hey by the way does anyone know where i could get some sound clips or videos of some exhausts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
:confused: when i did the exhaust, i also did a hiflow cat, now i have a check engine light. now i'm putting in an o2 simulator. i hope this helps. if you want call me, i'll put my cell phone by the pipe and you can hear the exhaust. 516-382-0426

·
Registered
122 Posts
damojo2003 said:
Stay away from SLP Loudmouth. My friend has some flowmaster 40s and they are a little throtty with no drone

I have a 99 GTP with the SLP Loudmouth catback and r/t downpipe, I dont see why anyone would say stay away from it. If your looking for a deep throaty sound buy this catback and add a r/t downpipe. I have gotten alot of compliments on how my car sounds.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I don't think there's enough of a difference between any of them to make it an issue. What your wallet can stand and how long you plan on having the car should be your deciding factor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts