3800Pro Forums banner

best catback exhaust

2037 Views 10 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  ryan1096
what is the best catback exhaust to use, i dont want somethin that is annoyingly loud, but i want it to have a deep tone. i've been told to try borla or slp. any suggestions???? :)
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
exhaust

i just did a 2 1/2in cat back, i used a summit fully welded 2 1/2in. sounds real sweet. these mufflers are made by walker for summit. 39.95ea. well worth it.
thanx for ur info. yeah borla is a lil on the expensive side. and i'll have to check out those mufflers from summit. hey by the way does anyone know where i could get some sound clips or videos of some exhausts?
Stay away from SLP Loudmouth. My friend has some flowmaster 40s and they are a little throtty with no drone
exhaust videos

On magnaflow.com they have some exhaust videos of some cars but im not sure what your looking for.
:confused: when i did the exhaust, i also did a hiflow cat, now i have a check engine light. now i'm putting in an o2 simulator. i hope this helps. if you want call me, i'll put my cell phone by the pipe and you can hear the exhaust. 516-382-0426
i finally got ahold of the site.

hope you guys like it and more will post on it

http://www.rmcgp.com/exhaust/

later guys
damojo2003 said:
Stay away from SLP Loudmouth. My friend has some flowmaster 40s and they are a little throtty with no drone

I have a 99 GTP with the SLP Loudmouth catback and r/t downpipe, I dont see why anyone would say stay away from it. If your looking for a deep throaty sound buy this catback and add a r/t downpipe. I have gotten alot of compliments on how my car sounds.
I don't think there's enough of a difference between any of them to make it an issue. What your wallet can stand and how long you plan on having the car should be your deciding factor.
thanx for everyone's help i appreciate it
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.