3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When using the AFC 2.0 to compensate for 42.5# Injectors in the standard mode a rough guidline for a start point is around 95%. Pretty simple, this compensation goes across the entire MAF band. But, when in the advanced mode do I enter 95% across the 13 adjustment positions as a start point? And the adjust up or down from there as needed? I guess what I'm asking is how do I establish a start point in the advance mode when using larger fuel injectors than stock?

·
Banned
361 Posts
I have found when using standard mode and adjusting the settings for WOT, your idle/cruise settings are too rich. A friend of mine has the stock injector constant and 42#ers. His curve is from 91-94 I believe.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the 42.5 # injectors,what did you use as a start point? Did you start at around 95, and adjust from there to get your idle and cruise set, then see what WOT looks like?
What did you have your upper numbers set at (9+) to begin your WOT adjustments from?

·
Banned
361 Posts
We started from the suggested start point of 95 by setting everything to 95. Then we tuned the idle LTFTs to near 0 and then the cruise LTFTs to near 0. After that we went WOT and tuned the O2s from 1000mv+ down to ~920-940mv.

Each % on the AFC was equal to roughly 3 on the LTFTs.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, man. I've been trying to get that plain english answere for some time now.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That seems to be the info I was looking for. Thanks! This forum site is the most helpful tool for home mechanics since the socket wrench.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts