3800Pro Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Since I'm definitely in the 101 learning stage, I hope you don't mind me re-opening this thread. It seems most relevant to my project and I hope to see more information added for us newbe's. I guess I should find an electrical schematic first for the 98 Bonneville SSEi. to see just what needs saved and what can be disconnected. ....or make a plan for a different control of engine and tranny. Please give me some ideas.

My project is to use the engine, tranny and some drive train for a mid engine VW bug. I will be using the front hubs and brakes from the Pontiac on all four wheels, so will have wheel sensors.

Is there a list of sensors or controls on the 3800 for us novice's.

I'm hoping the OP will go into a little more detail or reference where I can find the information, like control of the transmission and any communications with the engine.

·
Registered
220 Posts
You'll want to get the GM Service Manual for the donor car, or get access to an online version (All Data, etc.). OP used to be a very active member 10+ years ago, but may not check here anymore.

Unless you want to go through the trouble of adding ABS to cause yourself more work/cost, I'd stick with just the PCM & wiring to run the engine/trans. That's the typical path for swapping these engines into other platforms.

Good luck.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts