3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what folks think of the WizAired CAI?

I want to upgrade my car to their standard CAI, put an Intense PCM into it, add a Stage 3 n/a cam, and do some exhaust work.

Was wondering what kind of performance folks with these mods are seeing.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
17 Posts
mlewis73 said:

I want to upgrade my car to their standard CAI, put an Intense PCM into it, add a Stage 3 n/a cam, and do some exhaust work.

Thanks,
Mike

I don't have a WizAired, but a MSP CAI and love it. Start with the ubend delete for your exhaust. A stage 3 na cam involves alot i think :confused: . I believe you will need some type of head work done. Might want to tone it down to a stage one unless you are trying to build a race car only. PCM is good, but could be added at anytime.

start with
ubend delete
CAI (what ever you decide on how much you want to spend)
LT pullies
Wires/plugs
PCM
Cam and headers or PEMS

hope some others will help too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fish said:
I dont think there is a stage 3 n/a cam.

It all depends on what you wanna do. I personally just want a quick GT, so I went with rockers instead of a cam.
Roughly what kind of 0-60 times will the rockers, CAI, and a PCM from Intense or DHP net?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're a GTP... you don't count! :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
With those mods you should be a at 6sec. 0-60 and hi 14's in the 1/4 .

·
Registered
33 Posts
so as of now i have a 2000 monte carlo ss with a thrasher cai, and gmpp exhaust, and if i get rockers, and a pcm and new downpip i should be in the 6's?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Ok then start with these mods..... I dont have any times yet but its pretty fast.

FWI, Custom 3" to dual 2.5" cat back, INTENSE S2 cam, PnP heads, INTENSE Gen.3 Adj. roller rockers, ARP Headstuds, MLS .054 Headgaskets, Comp OE ifters,Comp hi-tech pushrods, HVII, S1 TB, TOG's, R\T downpipe-cat, EGR Delete, Lowtek Pillar+ AF\NitrousPress\TrannyTemp-Autometer Phantoms,Poly Motor Mounts,Intense Shift kit, Intense LSD, Intense S2 PCM, AFC 1.1
KYB Struts\Sprint Springs,SpeedHut Gauges,NOS SuperPowershot Wet, Jacobs NitrousMastermind....

·
Registered
10 Posts
mlewis73 said:

Thanks,
Mike
I have the wizaired CAI in my Impala LS, and i love it. combined with my exhaust, i notice a big difference in performance, and sound as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ImpalaLS said:
I have the wizaired CAI in my Impala LS, and i love it. combined with my exhaust, i notice a big difference in performance, and sound as well.
Thanks for your reply.

Heheheheh. That new V-8 Impala that might be available in 2006 sounds nice... but I've got 2 kids, 4 horses, 2 dogs and a wife to think about.

Gonna have to mod the heck out the 3800 V-6... no new cars for at least 7 years.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts