3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I decided to go to Norwalk last minute since I heard it was the last Wed night race. Once I parked the truck, I heard last call for time trials. :eek: I backed the car off the trailer and got into line immediately (totally unprepared) behind 400 or so more cars. Once I got into staging an hour later, I got to sit for another 1/2-2 hours. I ran back to the truck and got ice/fuel and all the other things I needed to get the car ready.

First pass was a new record by a decent amount. My old PB was [email protected] w/ 1.59 60' (Scotts brother Bob beat that with a 11.23 with the new mods when I was out of town). NEW RECORD tonight is [email protected] with a 1.63 60'. A few hours later I was able to make another pass, but I had bad misfires and only ran 11.8. I changed plugs and either didnt have a wire on right (tough wires on bonne) OR I cracked a plug installing. The car is pulling HUGE on the back half. The 25+ back half MPH shows that. The car wanted to keep pulling and pulling. It was a great feeling.

I bumped Myself and buddy JT back a notch on the 1/4 list. I do expect JT to crush this time very shortly though. My old car has been retired for a year, so it was time for someone to finally pass that. I am glad I was first to do it (by .002). :D

Thanks to Kurt Loos for all the trackside help. He helped me in any way he could all night. I appreciate it Kurt. Sorry your car wasnt running like it should.

Also a huge thanks to Scott and Big Jeff as always. They trust me with the keys to their flagship car and have let me help shape the path this car has taken. The car is doing as well as it is doing because of their commitment to the car and all the hard put into it. I am proud to be a part of this car and their team. They are a class act no doubt, also good friends.

Since the last time I raced the car (nationals at Norwalk), it has New INTENSE 9.5:1 race block, big dog headers, INTENSE stage 4 cam, refreshed INTENSE trans, new INTENSE pcm, 5 gal. fuel cell with -10 from tank/ -6 return and Welden pump, and I didnt use the air ride suspension for the first time in awhile. No more leaning out in 3rd for this car. :D

The car is making HUGE power and wants to rev alot higher than the 7k or so I shifted at tonight. I will be doing a few more things to the car in the comnig weeks and I expect to beat this time soundly in the next month. Sorry for the novel. :p

·
Registered
713 Posts
congrats ed, not bad for your first time back in the car. sorry i couldnt be there, you didnt exactly give me much notice, lol. that thing is really movin now, lets get it dialed in and go balls out later this month when im out there.

·
Registered
156 Posts
EXCELLENT!! Congrats on the run Ed! That is truly amazing. I can't wait to see the new records for all the INTENSE guys in late October! ;) You make us slow people very proud. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very well done Ed, looks like you'll hit 10's soon :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Missed it

I wish i would have known you guys were going to be there Ed, I live 3 miles from norwalk raceway park.. By the way if your ever up for a race and dont want to pay for a hotel.. I have a really big back yard and plenty of tools!! Congrats on the time.. wish i could have been there.. actually my buddy was there and i was talking to him on the phone when you made the 11.23 pass...

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Congrats Ed and Intense. I cant wait to see the bonnie go past the #3 and the #2 in the country!

As i posted on the national board, who is up for going next friday? Oct 8th?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Merc said:
Congrats Ed and Intense. I cant wait to see the bonnie go past the #3 and the #2 in the country!

As i posted on the national board, who is up for going next friday? Oct 8th?

Hey Merc, you might want to look into that friday.. I live down the road from the track. the world nationals were rained out and i think it was rescheduled for the 9th of oct so they might not have an open test and tune at norwalk if thats what your talking about. Correct me if im wrong though.. Just a heads up!

·
Administrator
3,246 Posts
That is awesome Ed! Congratz and the 10's will come soon. It's great to see a Bonneville kickin ass :)

BADSSEi gives 8Ball something to aspire to being :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats Ed.

·
Vendor
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys!

I also forgot to thank Bob Cook for the last minute wheelie bar changes at his shop and also for getting me the firewall material on short notice. Thanks Bob!

I will be again soon!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well done Ed, sounds like your 'vacation' put you in the right frame of mind ;)

Cheers,

·
Registered
37 Posts
Way to go, Ed! From those back half numbers, it sure looks like the fuel delivery problems are solved. :) Thanks for continuing to work on this so hard to help clear the way for us slower guys. ;)

Scott
INTENSE Regal GS

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nice work man!!! Get that thing hookin a 1.5x and you have 10's!

But watch out.. rogue and I are comin for ya!!! LOL :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts