3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently developed a bad squeal in the area of the flywheel, the squeal sounds like a bad pulley bearing. Upon initial startup of the engine everything is as quiet as can be, as soon as the slightest load is put on the engine, the squealing begins. When I put the car on a lift, I was able to tell the squealing was coming from the area of the flywheel.
Any suggestions to possible causes of the squeal would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Will

·
Registered
174 Posts
my99regalgs said:
I've recently developed a bad squeal in the area of the flywheel, the squeal sounds like a bad pulley bearing. Upon initial startup of the engine everything is as quiet as can be, as soon as the slightest load is put on the engine, the squealing begins. When I put the car on a lift, I was able to tell the squealing was coming from the area of the flywheel.
Any suggestions to possible causes of the squeal would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Will

didnt know flywheels squealed, I thought they were quite or clanked around if broken

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think it's the actual flywheel, the squealing I hear is coming from that area of the motor, when I put the car on the lift, the squealing was very prominent from that area of the motor, and I am not knowledgeable enough to know all the moving and spinning components in that area of the motor.
It's also been suggested to me that it might be the "Flexplate"????? I have no clue how that even works.
I don't want to take the car to the dealer down here, think they're pretty shady, they tried to tell me it was the supercharger and would gladly replace it for a nominal fee of 2 grand, they didn't even try and remove the SC belt to see if that cured the problem, just quick to assess the SC was the problem.
I trust the forums far more than the dealer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts