3800Pro Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Update after a couple weeks just cruising and enjoying it:
  • Got a new HPTuners to supplement/replace DHP use, and will be adjusting the file soon (old tune is still very close for basic driving around)
  • Lowered the front another inch on coilovers
  • Got Nitto 555 G2's all around (255-50-17), look great and grip awesome, just gotta be careful cuz they're intentionally soft and will wear quick
  • Aligned today at local shop, and it should be ready to play

(after adjusting down from ~4.26" gap)

Set of 4 Nittos from Summit

Getting aligned with lasers!!! (guys at the shop loved the car, and that there's an aftermarket for 3800's)

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Install video of the ZZP coilovers. Hope it came out clear enough to let people decide if they want to go that route:

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

Just cruising with the new setup, enjoying the ride around here with folks.

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Started the morning headed to a Cars & Coffee, wound up at a local car show & won the 2000's class (2000-2009). That was random! Gotta show up to win, I guess.

(Do all that work to make it go fast, and it gets its 1st trophy sitting still.)

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Quick walk-through of that car show. I'll have 1/4mi race prep and in-car footage put together soon.

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Got out to the track last month. Ran in street trim, and on slicks, to get the dust off. Been 11yrs but got back into 11's, for now. Video with details should be put together eventually, but been busy at work.

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Made a prep video just talking thru as I got it ready for that Test N Tune last month. Some random tips/notes sprinkled in as I narrated my thoughts along the way.

Race video will be edited together from GoPro in-car footage this week. (more entertaining than this stuff, but I'm sharing the steps along the way)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts