3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been posting this on the TurboBuick forum (Grand National guys), but it's more appropriate here.

This spring, I decided to overhaul my 11-sec grandpa car Buick that I originally built in 2009 with a Z7 T66 2.5" turbo kit, and go with a full Stattama T67 3" setup. The shutdown helped & hurt this project, as it's given me time to do extra things at a slower pace, but delays when parts may be available.

Car Profile link (same as in my signature): https://sites.google.com/view/efistreetperformance/home/gm-3800-cars/dave-04-regal-gsx
Best 2009 1/4mi: 11.46 @ 122, 1.87 60ft - YouTube Video (with 1998 Regal commercial theme music... didn't realize Top Gear, too, never watched it)

2009 collage of build pics from profile page:

Mock-up of Stattama kit while I waited for Holden intake to arrive from Australia this summer:

Holden intake mock-up (more info will be in videos):

2020 Upgrades - Part 1... (1st attempt at a video edit in 10yrs)

2020 Upgrades - Part 2... (tried to keep it short, and still working bugs out of my editing)

I'll post more updates for this build here when I get a chance. The engine is almost ready, once a few more small pieces arrive to bring it together.

- Dave

Reactions: Fredss

·
Registered
2004 Impala ss
4 Posts
Looks like a awesome ride. I can't wait to see it run. I have a 04 Impala ss I'm gonna play with soon

·
Super Moderator
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, feel free to make a post with updates if you dig into it.

"Should" only be a couple weeks. I miss ripping it around for fun before parking last winter to start this.

Ordering AN lines to plumb to firewall hard-lines while the transmission is out of the way. Also degreased the whole bay, and will do harness clean-up after engine goes in.

·
Super Moderator
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Changed the layout of the ZZP Gen1 fuel rails from what was shown above, since the new intake/alternator layout forced some adjustments. Also, have fittings/hose coming from Summit to run all the way to the hard-lines at the frame rail, before I put the transmission back in.

Second pic is after 3/4" NPT tapping the heater core port, and did the LIM port 1/2" NPT (Holden one has even thinner o-ring'd tube that I didn't trust). This should all have enough footage for Part 3 video to include the full intake swap. I'll work on showing the L26/HV3 setup some more for reference, too.

Reactions: m_dogg

·
Registered
2004 Impala ss
4 Posts
That intake looks really cool it should flow pretty good too. You are building one awesome looking ride man big respect to you for the originality.

·
Super Moderator
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Ya, the Aussies really got a nice factory intake for L36's. Having supercharged heads/fuel rails forced some extra time/work, but I'm enjoying the distraction. The transmission is going back in after I run AN hoses down to the factory hard-lines at the frame rail.

Engine should be ready to drop-in after clean-up of the lower intake is done (port-matching to fresh LIM gaskets soon). Waiting for Power Log TIG repairs/supports after 10yrs of abuse (had some cracks around welds I'll add to a video, pics in TurboBuick-linked post above).

Another "simple" dress-up feature will be push-connect vacuum lines and a manifold block I've had sitting around. Mixing/matching rubber connections that dry-rot/rip was getting old. Should remove more clutter while serving a purpose and look more planned-out for ~$50.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts