3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked this little fella up the other day ..1999 9C3 lumina.. spent today washing it , it has sat up for a while, it was a Salisbury ,N.C. police detective car only has 116k on the day, but the valve covers have been leaking for a while, and it had a hiccup sometimes when you would be driving, had a P0171 so today while it was raining I pulled it in the shop. changed the front valve cover gasket with one the the sorriest gaskets I have ever seen made (Came with the car) , removed the ECM connectors and reseated them, pulled the air box lid off to make sure their wasnt a rats nest in the filter, it was clean and new, and soon as i pulled the elbow off the tb , i seen the screen was damaged right where the air would be channeled into the maf, so i removed the screen , carefully and then checked the plugs and changed the oil, its had alot of parts thrown at it before being taken out of service, I think its a chinese tb no gm style part numbers on the tps unit or maf unit, 3 new coil packs, a new o2 sensor, plugs and plug wires, after putting it back together it drove fine going 1 mile home and then later after me and a buddy went to eat , I came home, cleared the codes and drove it about 10 miles , now it popped a Po103 right off the bat and took several attempts to start, but it did run better but still had a couple of hickups on the drive, so Im going to try and correct the damage to the screen and reinstall it. My fp tester should be here tomorrow also and ill check the pressure . I suspect either the pump or the chinese tb .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suspect the pump died. Because the i experienced the same while I was driving my Proton Saga new and looking through the proton saga prices. After the things happened, i decided to get another car.
Thanks for the spam.. it wasnt the fuel pump , it was the ****ty ass chinese maf someone installed.

also after i replaced the Maf with an orginal Hithatci unit, the coil packs started showing their ass so I got a full set of coils and ICM out of a 2005 bucisk lesabre along with 2 almost new sets of belden plug wires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts