3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I've had a couple of Chevys in the past but I was not it to tunning at that time. Most recently I had a Nissan Sentra SE-R with a 2.5 4 banger. I joined a Forum much like this one and read a LOT. I am on a tight budget so I was only able to do a few mods in the two 1/2 years I had the car but, I'm hooked.

I love cars, I love learning how to make them fit me! I look forward to learning all I can about the W-body Impala the 3800 and what ever tranny we have (still learning). I look forward to making my first mod though I have no idea where I'll start.

Thanks in advance for all the help I know I'll get,
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
curt698 said:
I love cars, I love learning how to make them fit me! I look forward to learning all I can about the W-body Impala the 3800 and what ever tranny we have (still learning). I look forward to making my first mod though I have no idea where I'll start.

Thanks in advance for all the help I know I'll get,
Dave
Glad to see you back from the "Dark Side". You'll find more than you can imagine here, and it's a GREAT environment!!!

Be carful,,,,,,,, the first mod you make may trigger a contageous, financially destructive disorder between you and your nice 3800 powered car. I started making my car "FIT" me 5 years ago....... :eek: Hope your pockets are deep, because the options are endless..... LOL. :D

Welcome!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2000Falcon said:
Glad to see you back from the "Dark Side". You'll find more than you can imagine here, and it's a GREAT environment!!!

Be carful,,,,,,,, the first mod you make may trigger a contageous, financially destructive disorder between you and your nice 3800 powered car. I started making my car "FIT" me 5 years ago....... :eek: Hope your pockets are deep, because the options are endless..... LOL. :D

Welcome!
Thanks, I'm a little discouraged my intial reseach seems to say that the 3800 doesn't respond real well the N/A mods. Please tell me if I'm wrong but I read posts about guys with CIA/Exhaust/Cams and other stuff only getting about 15hp bump. It seems like the dollar to whp ratio on the Impala is going to be HIGH. Oh well I'll keep reading and saving!!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Don't get discouraged. Check out the Naturally Aspirated section. You'll find a lot of info their. Not to mention some impressive dyno runs and et's.

[QUOTE Be carful,,,,,,,, the first mod you make may trigger a contageous, financially destructive disorder between you and your nice 3800 powered car. I started making my car "FIT" me 5 years ago....... :eek: Hope your pockets are deep, because the options are endless..... LOL. :D [/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean. When I first got my car is said, " I only want to do a few basic things" And after each one I said, " Ok, I'm done" I've been saying that for two years now and I'm still going strong. More coming up next spring. Now everytime I say it my girlfriend rolls her eyes and scoffs. :rolleyes: She said " I'll beleive that when you get rid of your car" And then I'll start on a new one. :D Friends don't let friends drive stock.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dave I have a 98 se and I have had a few things done to it and I have noticed an improvement in my car. If I were you I would take some time and come see Scott and talk to him about your car and what you want it to do and what it can do. If you can also check out wesxprs he has one fast gt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts