3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No guys I'm nowhere close to that whp but as I'm going along with my project talking to older Rodders and getting opinions I haven't came across any fwd axles that could support 500whp? Now I've seen a tube vid of a turboed l36 claiming 500whp on a garret @ a strip but like I said before most guys around me don't know of an axle for fwd w-body for high hp? Or maybe I just need to stop bieng a newb!!!!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
The axels I have are from SFPH . South Florida Pulley Headquarters. They are supposedly able to take 700-800 wheel horsepower. I have had them in my car for a long time, and never had an issue.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I'm tAlking about!

See I should of just kept quiet ..... Thanks for the answer on the axles because some of the ppl I have chatted with got me kind of discouraged about going forward. Basically I want to rotisserie my regal in the future and go to the absolute max for what I have in mind for my buick it's complicated but basically a 4 speed Jericho slap manny w/ a built motor balanced crank forged uppers and lowers - I'm sure you guys know the deal....I know there is a lot more to it then what I just mentioned or if even possible. Anyway thank you for that info

·
Registered
612 Posts
Even with the stock L67's HP, traction is a problem......Dang I hate wrong wheel drive.
Good Luck and have fun on your project!!!!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Because of traction problems, I decided NOT to get a stall speed converter for the street. THe hardened input shaft and 7/8" single drive chain are needed for using higher horsepower.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

Thanks for the tips on the axle biss I've also heard to stay away from stalls on these based on wheel spin but hey torque is a good thing lol except when you just blow rubber and the other guys leaves you many links behind. Yea this project is going to be a blast it's funny to see people looking for the vehicle that is camming and they completely overlook the buick lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts