3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the ARP rod bolts reusable? The reason I ask if because I was asked a question the other day about the torque spec not being a torque to yeild, yet the bolt still has the dents in it for a stretch gauge to be placed on it.

·
Premium Member
2,450 Posts
A large number of connecting rod manufacturers have chosen ARP® bolts as standard equipment. They’re proud to advertise their products as being equipped with ARP® rod bolts. And for good reason. The “weak link” in a connecting rod has always been the bolt, and racers know that nobody builds a better bolt than ARP®. However, it is critically important to monitor the stretch of each bolt and replace it when it has permanently elongated by .001".

·
Registered
134 Posts
ARP makes some damn good stuff. I would say if you have low mileage and not a lot of abuse on them, yes you can reuse them. But the only sure way is to measure their stretch. Used too much...buy a new set. Well worth it.

I have them in the engine I'm building. GR8 quality! I have their rod, main and head hardwear.

Factory rod bolts are junk. I think everyone should upgrade while your in there so thats one less thing to worry about.

~Farnsworth~

1 - 3 of 3 Posts