3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is are the PRJ Performance Wires found at 3800performance.com really worth it? They are almost twice the price of Spiro, Jacobs and all the rest. A better question besides worth (since that is personal preference) would be are they the best out there for my 97 GTP?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The wire separators are nice, and the wires themselves are very heavy duty.

If you want to pull and replace the wires repeatedly and not worry about breaking something, they are nice. To remove the spark plug wires takes about 20 seconds with the PRJs, just pull the soft boots off the plugs and coils, and pull the front and rear off as units. Very easy to reinstall as they are held together and already routed.

Also, you have a color selection and those fat wires look really nice on a dressed up engine....

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have both the PRJ wires and PRJ Fuel Rails, both the very best in quality and functionality. They are also show quality and have helped me win trophys from an appearance standpoint.
:cool:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
We run a custom version of the PRJ wires on our Turbo car with good results. That car has a more demanding plug wire need due to the very high cylinder pressures and extra length wires.

Overall, we've had the best luck with Jacobs, PRJ and stock wires.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
If you ar egoing to be changing plugs alot then yes they are a good choice cause of the boots are heavy duty. But if you are going to just be chaning the plugs once a year or so, they may not be necessary. Also they are thick! Look and feel liek battery cable. the wire seperators are a ncie feature as well as the numbering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts