3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I have a set of 0280155737 and a set of 0280155811 injectors and I was wondering if they spec the same and would be identical in flow and no difference in performance? The reason I'm asking is I have an 86 Grand National that has 32lb injectors but I have a chip that is for 36lb injectors and I was thinking of using them so I can properly use that chip. The wire harness fits and I think it should work but I would use all of one or the other but there are a couple ones with issues in each set and I want to take the best 6 between them all an use them in the GN. Would they work well interchanging them?

I also have a set of 0280156201 injectors with the newer style connections. I know adapters are available, or I could cut and splice the harness... but what about these injectors? Would they be the better units to use? I know they are newer but not sure about better. I have a full set of these.

What is my best option?

Thx Chris

·
Super Moderator
883 Posts
I'd try using the same model if possible, for impedance matching as much as flow matching, so the controlling signal is acting equally to all 6.

These are all mostly what are considered "36#" injectors, with the 0280155811 having a reported rate of 33.7 Lb/Hr by some official records. The chip shouldn't care, and if you have any sort of MAF translator (or similar piggyback tuning method) to adjust based on a separate Wideband O2 reading, you can tweak to get it right (did this riding shotgun in a friend's '94 Mk4 Supra 2JZ N/A-turbo swap because he didn't have the right computer setup, yet).

You can also look-up ways to either flow test the injectors yourself. I'm considering this for my 65#'s that have sat for 1-2yrs in the past decade, when the car was stored a couple times. They ran fine last time I drove the car, but I'd like to see how close they still match, for myself and any future owner, if I have to upgrade further.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya. Thanks for the response. I actually did some more digging and apparently they are identical and interchangeable. Just different colour for the o-rings or something like that so for now I am gonna try it and see how it goes. I have a scanmaster device and the chip allows for tweaking fuel rates a bit with it so I am gonna throw those in and see how they work with it. All else fails getting a new chip and 60 pounders for future upgrade ready. I have alky injection too so we'll see how this comes together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts