·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Where's the N20 chart?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Very Impressive

Is it the same tune with gas and E85 or is is a different tune for when it's running the E85?

What changes have to be made to run the E85?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Im wondering this same thing. Theres quite a few E85 stations popping up in cincy/dayton. Brian told me bigger injectors and a new fuel pump to keep up with the increased fuel use, along with a tune for E85... He stated that I could drop about .5 inch pulley size. My questions are- how big on the injectors? Also, would headers be necessary?

I WILL be doing this, its just a matter of when.

·
Super Moderator
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Size of the injectors depends on the power you want to make. The GTP from Michigan yesterday had 60's on corn make 340 whp. Injectors were at 80% duty cycle.

Might as well go with 60's out of the gate......

·
Registered
198 Posts
With 60's I was at 96% duty cycle with the supercharged setup making ~325whp....Turbo of course can go higher hp before needing the upgrade. 80's are in my very near future.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Would you say 60s, fuel pump and a what, 3.1 pulley...? And im in business?

If i threw 60s in now, would my pcm still be throwing the same fuel mix on pump gas? Or do they automatically use more fuel cause theyre bigger?

I guess what I want to know is-

If I installed injectors and a fuel pump, drove it up to columbus for a tune and switched my pulley then... Does it work like that?

Is there a thread containing this information? Ive looked with no avail. If there isnt, THERE SHOULD BE. Unless its just common knowledge and Im just way out of the loop. Thanks guys.

Size of the injectors depends on the power you want to make. The GTP from Michigan yesterday had 60's on corn make 340 whp. Injectors were at 80% duty cycle.

Might as well go with 60's out of the gate......

·
Registered
413 Posts
the way it worked for me is 80# injectors, stealth 340 fuel pump, rewire, and of course the tune. we did the pump first, drained the tank and then put in e85, went from there. its running amazing :icon_twis

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Would you say 60s, fuel pump and a what, 3.1 pulley...? And im in business?

If i threw 60s in now, would my pcm still be throwing the same fuel mix on pump gas? Or do they automatically use more fuel cause theyre bigger?

I guess what I want to know is-

If I installed injectors and a fuel pump, drove it up to columbus for a tune and switched my pulley then... Does it work like that?

Is there a thread containing this information? Ive looked with no avail. If there isnt, THERE SHOULD BE. Unless its just common knowledge and Im just way out of the loop. Thanks guys.

the computer has to be told when you change injector size, if you threw in bigger injectors, it would shoot more fuel, for example if you had 30's in and you installed 60's it would shoot approximately double the fuel at the same pulse width

the computer can compensate a little for the bigger injectors by adjusting its fuel trims, but not enough for a set of 60's where the 36's were, just bring them with to install them when you get it tuned.

and since nobody has commented on this yet... THAT HP um, Curve? not much of a curve, pretty much all peak haha

·
Registered
230 Posts
the computer has to be told when you change injector size, if you threw in bigger injectors, it would shoot more fuel, for example if you had 30's in and you installed 60's it would shoot approximately double the fuel at the same pulse width

the computer can compensate a little for the bigger injectors by adjusting its fuel trims, but not enough for a set of 60's where the 36's were, just bring them with to install them when you get it tuned.
Gotcha. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts