3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cannot find this part anywhere. Was installing shorter dog bones and snapped it. Tried welding it but couldn't get it to stick. If anyone knows the part # or at least what the correct term for it is please let me know.
Figured it'd just be called a motor mount bracket

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Definitely not the first ine to Hulk-out on that little guy, and they even crack while driving sometimes. Looks like the part number is 24503458. Can be referred to as a mount bracket or strut bracket. Seems to be $100-115 used...

I see one on eBay for about $59. Let me know if you don't see it. Otherwise your local junkyard probably has one for $5-10. Some yards list them on car-part.com for decent prices, too, if you search engine mounts across the 97-03 year range (to keep it simple) and read descriptions or see photos.

·
Registered
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely not the first ine to Hulk-out on that little guy, and they even crack while driving sometimes. Looks like the part number is 24503458. Can be referred to as a mount bracket or strut bracket. Seems to be $100-115 used...

I see one on eBay for about $59. Let me know if you don't see it. Otherwise your local junkyard probably has one for $5-10. Some yards list them on car-part.com for decent prices, too, if you search engine mounts across the 97-03 year range (to keep it simple) and read descriptions or see photos.
Thanks for the info, now I know where to buy them. I ended up buying one off a guy on fb marketplace I and took it off the engine he had. Paid 20 for it. Just got done installing it. Went to torque to 50ft lbs and it snapped again. For the left side I found a cast iron replacement, so I'm going to try and get one made for the right side out of cast iron. I don't know how or why they are so weak.

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
I'd just snug it good by hand with a 3/8" drive ratchet. You're less prone to cracking it by feel, and it'll be fine. Torque specs are less critical for items like that, as long as you have a feel for getting it right. It's not a great designed part, but it'll last if you get it on there.

Reactions: wesrb
1 - 4 of 4 Posts