3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you think of it?

there goign to offer it for F-bodys soon and i was goign to beta test it for them. i know w few poeple have it just wonding how you like it... thanks

Andrew

·
Registered
919 Posts
ZR2_S10 said:
i think you are gonna have a hard time getting replies about a competitors product here :)

I agree. I've ownded both and the DHP cant hold a candle to HPTuner.

<<negative vendor references deleted>>

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
i think you are gonna have a hard time getting replies about a competitors product here
We welcome replies from anyone about any product on this forum.

Some of the things we don't welcome are anonymous member names, vendor bashing, personal attacks, etc.

Everyone here treats each other with respect and professionalism. I hope you like our environment!

·
Banned
361 Posts
I have heard that both are effective.
Anyone have any specific reasons why one is better than the other, aside from the great "candle" argument? :D

·
Registered
713 Posts
Few people have this product yet because it hasnt been out too long, but maybe someone with some experience can chime in with their experiences with it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
for one it half the price and they have a GP for fbody right now..... you get to cars..... and i think over all they support more on the V6 then HPT does...... i know I'm Beta testing but still, im not worrierd about how good it looks, how fast it wirtes don't matter, im look for how many changes i can make the more the better !

im not one to cheap out on my car but the differeance in the price is like my WB O2 sensor..........

·
Registered
26 Posts
I dont think you can wrong with either company. I think they both are great companies. I am probably getting in on the DHP fbody group purchase. The reasons why are obviously the price, the fact that DHP specializes in the 3800 and free updates. Its not as flashy as HP tuners and has not been out as long, but I think they will catch up in that area. I think they both are similar when it comes to the content that can be edited which is the important part with DIY software. The one thing that I hope DHP will implement is the flash recovery. I think that is a really nice feature with HP tuners.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ditto. I been one of the pre-order guys who have been running it. I got to say it works if you know what most of the parameters are doing. Basically for me its been trail and error and I have gotten good results. :D

RedFrk said:
I dont think you can wrong with either company. I think they both are great companies. I am probably getting in on the DHP fbody group purchase. The reasons why are obviously the price, the fact that DHP specializes in the 3800 and free updates. Its not as flashy as HP tuners and has not been out as long, but I think they will catch up in that area. I think they both are similar when it comes to the content that can be edited which is the important part with DIY software. The one thing that I hope DHP will implement is the flash recovery. I think that is a really nice feature with HP tuners.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Timberwarp said:
Ditto. I been one of the pre-order guys who have been running it. I got to say it works if you know what most of the parameters are doing. Basically for me its been trail and error and I have gotten good results. :D
well i dont care how purty it looks i'm color blind any way and the colors would most likly confuse me... lol

i don't care how it looks im looking most for how much i can tune.... lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts