1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
They look like OBX more than anything. You can't find good headers that cheap. I'd personally stay away from those.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
They look like OBX more than anything. You can't find good headers that cheap. I'd personally stay away from those.
well if that logic were true wouldnt that be the case when slp's and togs were the only headers out and then pacesetter headers came out at half the price? im curious my self about them i might order them especially since there t304 grade

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Not whatsoever. Pacesetter is a reputable company and not a noname ebay sale. Search my write up on OBX. I'm also interested in how/if they fit and are quality.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
see that's the thing, all of the reviews for these have been positive, saying perfect fit, look great, and good quality, but then again that's ebayers talking.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
You also have to make sure they're talking about headers for the GP. There's a good change they make the for 4 cylinders, which have no X-Over to fit properly and only consist of a GP and header section, not collector or anything.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you look at them they are clearly made for the 3.8l s/c only, that and it says so on the applications

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
True true I know one thing obx headers for the nissans were horrible lol hopefully they work out forour cars though I think I might take the plunge and order some on the first

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had bought a set for my 06 grand prix. they used the same flange for the front header as they did for the back so it had the the extension for the egr on the front, so i had to cut that off. it didnt come with the right bolts for the crossover pipe. where the pipes slip into the collector is very loose so i had to cut slits and expand the pipes going into it. I had to cut the crossover pipe to try to make it fit, but im sure it will fit the 97-03 fine. I compared it to some pacesetters and they are pretty much the same other than those problems.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
You really get what you pay for! In this case, give the state of our economy, the retail might reflect a greater re-coil on margin. When there is room between your initial mark-up and your SOLD gross profit margin, you can initiate smaller markdowns to help push Top line dollar. Good way to drop Inventory and keep jobs constant. Otherwise, if your looking to save money, or simply if you dont have any, AND if you dont mind the extra work, WooHoo!! Have at it! BUT, I always had a saying that my friends memorized, and that I will live by; If you want to play, you gotta pay!! Well, NOT in this case!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought a set for my 2000 GTP and they didn't fit. The flange where the front header bolts to the cross-over pipe was resting on the transmission case...couldnt bolt up cross-over. The rear header rested on the power steering lines. Its almost like they got the angle wrong at the flange that mates to the head. Still waiting for my refund on those.

I would advise against them. Just my $.02

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
That price WAS kind of shocking!! Caveat Emptor......"Let the buyer be aware"!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
DO NOT BUY OBX HEADERS, they will not fit. anything that has that Y pipe is crap. ssac headers are the best headers for the price.

and to everyone saying that those headers in the OP were "too cheap", check this out:

97-04 BUICK REGAL V6 3.8L SUPERCHARGERD RACING HEADERS : eBay Motors (item 180453467487 end time Feb-05-10 14:19:25 PST)

ebay SSACs, $4 cheaper than the OBXs that wont fit. heres a thread over at regalgs.org that someone is in the process of installing these exact headers.

RegalGS.org • Login

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
A guy on Grandprix forums just installed his and said they fit the exact same as the SSACs. I will be ordering my set next friday and installing them sometime between the 20th and 28th. I will have pics and let you know how it goes. Worst case scenario is I will have to box them up and send em back to get a refund.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I feel raped considering I have SLP's on my 04'GTP!! Looks just like them....damn!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I want to see these headers installed on a car. Grand Prix forums.net does not have a picture of theses installed. I wasted my time clicking through 8 pages of comments on wrapped vs. not wrapped...:icon_cry:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I want to see these headers installed on a car. Grand Prix forums.net does not have a picture of theses installed. I wasted my time clicking through 8 pages of comments on wrapped vs. not wrapped...:icon_cry:
Here are a couple pictures on my car. Not real close ones of fitment, but I had no clearance issues at all. I did tig weld my entire downpipe and mounting flange before installing. I couldn't see using 3 clamps in 12" of pipe. I can take better pics if you guys want.

Gt to gtp pictures by gotroxblazer - Photobucket

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.