3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've decided to see what we can do with a RWD 3800 so I went out a bought a 1998 Pontiac Firebird 3800 series II. I then took the car to Bob (B&R Racing) for all the work on the chassis to be done. The car is Backhalfed and 4-linked. It's getting a chome moly cage and much much more. Here are some pics of when I first got the car.
http://www.intense-racing.com/pics/firebird/page_01.htm

The power plant will be an
Intense 8.0:1 Race block
Intense Stage 4 heads
Intense Stage 4 Turbo cam
Twin Gt35r ballbearing turbos
Liquid to air IC
ATI TH400 race trans with transbrake and all the goodies
ATI custom convertor
3.5 chrome moly DS
The rear end is a Ford 9" with
Strange N case and Pro gears 35 spline axles
Brakes are Aerospace lightweight race brakes with 4 piston calipers all the way around
QA1 drag race coil overs with 12 way adjustments all around

I don't have any recent pics but here are a couple of the last pics take

I'll try and get some more pics this weekend and keep you updated.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Looks great!! PS that SLP scoop in the airbox is worth about 90 bucks to the right person ;) . Not me, i've got one

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Verynice. Make me wish I kept my F body

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like it's going to turn out to be another badass project, Tim. What are your goals for the car?
Thanks, goal for 07 is mid 8's

Looks great!! PS that SLP scoop in the airbox is worth about 90 bucks to the right person . Not me, i've got one
I'll have to rummage threw the parts pile;)

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Sweet! Can't wait for spring! :)

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
MID 8'S!!! Are you kidding me...? Come on, maybe on the first few passes. Don't try and be all humble about it, you know your shooting for 7's :icon_twis. And just remember the first time you take it down the track (and I mean the 1st) I want to be in the lane next to ya!

·
Registered
768 Posts
awesome project! Good luck with it! F-body V6's are always dumped on, can't wait to see some action from this thing! I see a new category @ IDD next year :) :icon_twis

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Looking good there Tim. Spring will be interesting!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Damn.

·
Registered
144 Posts
awesome project! Good luck with it! F-body V6's are always dumped on, can't wait to see some action from this thing! I see a new category @ IDD next year :) :icon_twis
Yea, thats the truth. But i hope this works out for ya Tim, cause i still want a turbo kit when/if you come out with them, for my bird lol. How long do you think it will take ya to get the firebird running? Oh by the way this is Gary (purple firebird) from tuesday night.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Definately one badass project you got there, Tim. Good luck. I hope everything goes smooth for ya.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Yea, thats the truth. But i hope this works out for ya Tim, cause i still want a turbo kit when/if you come out with them, for my bird lol. How long do you think it will take ya to get the firebird running? Oh by the way this is Gary (purple firebird) from tuesday night.
Probably feb before it's ready

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Thats not what you told me on the phone last week!:icon_conf
I think youll get what you told me though. That would be SWEEEEET!!!! If someone can make 395 fwhp out of a S1X cam, they can do this!!!
I was actually kind of short for words after you were giving me all the secrets.:icon_redf
Best of luck to you man, its one sweet project.
Scott

·
Registered
567 Posts
wow tim that thing is looking hot. looks like bob got alot done since we were there.

1 - 20 of 318 Posts