3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I got a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix, I have all the wires going to the amp except the power wire. I have no clue where to route it through on the firewall. Will I have to drill a hole? If I do where do I drill?

·
Super Moderator
885 Posts
The "easiest" pass-thru to access is under the dash in front of the passenger foot well. If you get under there with a light, remove the floor mat, and pull back the carpet, you'll see where the harness goes through an accordion boot about 2-3" wide. You'll be able to push an extra wire through that with some struggle, or however you'd like to do it. That comes out behind your alternator, very low on the firewall, but is right where you'll want it for connecting to the alternator (or fuse box, if you've added a re-wire to the alternator already, to improve that connection).

(edit) Pro-Tip: search YouTube for most things you're doing on your vehicles, because 99% of things are now documented for you to reference and adapt as you choose. This is a link to a 2008 GP, but it's in the same spot as all of these cars have it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The "easiest" pass-thru to access is under the dash in front of the passenger foot well. If you get under there with a light, remove the floor mat, and pull back the carpet, you'll see where the harness goes through an accordion boot about 2-3" wide. You'll be able to push an extra wire through that with some struggle, or however you'd like to do it. That comes out behind your alternator, very low on the firewall, but is right where you'll want it for connecting to the alternator (or fuse box, if you've added a re-wire to the alternator already, to improve that connection).
Appreciate it Dave thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Installed the amp and sub today, everything went alright, but now my door chime stays on when i open my door. Nothings in the ignition and the headlights are off. I think I might of shorted one of the wires when pushing through the grommet. I used a long drill bit cause it was the only thing I had. I just wanna know if it will drain the battery, and if it will is there a fuse for the chime. its a super fast chime as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts