3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
About a dozen of us raced at Norwalk today, after being rained out last Thursday, then again yesterday. I want to extend a special thanks to those of you who drove in from Texas, North Carolina, Connecticut, Wisconsin, Illinois and Michigan to get rained on, eat Mexican food, drink lots of beer and set a whole bunch of records.

I think my story might be the shortest one in that I only set a single record today. Others set MANY records, over and over again, and I'm sure some of them will be posting soon.

Anyway, for the first pass in our Turbo GTP, we launched at 4,200 RPM and the tires (12.0 psi) went up in smoke immediately netting a 1.664 60' time but we had to let off.

Second pass, we launched at 3,700 RPM and the tires (10.5 psi) stuck well, but that was too soft and netted a 1.597 60' time. The quarter mile time was nothing special (mid tens at ~ 133 MPH) because we had some unresolved misfire issues.

For the third pass, we launched at 3,900 RPM and the tires (11.0 psi) stuck pretty well for a new 3800-powered FWD launch record of 1.529 seconds. We suffered some breakage on this pass (probably axle or drive chain, but we won't know until we get it torn down), so that was it for this car.

We're extremely pleased that our Second Gen LSD's are holding up to this kind of power. They're performing incredibly well in cars from thirteens to tens, and we hope to be launched into the nines with one in the near future.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey,

I was just wondering, Do you not want anyone else at the track while you guys are there? I would really like to come out and see the progress of the cars when you are at norwalk raceway park (considering its almost in my backyard). Just wondering. I drove by today and seen you guys there. If you dont mind people there while you are, maybe posting on the message board when you guys are going to be there!? Dont take this the wrong way, i was just wondering.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This event had to be rescheduled three times due to the weather. If we invite a bunch of people to watch, and aren't able to contact one of them when it gets rescheduled, feelings end up getting hurt.

Any time you see us there, you're more than welcome to come by, but we're just not in a position to issue and keep track of invitations every time we race.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ok. I wasnt sure and didnt want to bother you guys. Congrats on the 60 by the way. Maybe just posting and not inviting so ppl will know thats all :)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
We hit Norwalk again yesterday but the track wasn't prepped as well as earlier in the week.

We also had some tuning issues, so the boost got turned back down to 21 psi, and we focused on our burnout/launch technique. Several poor passes were followed by three decent ones:

10.39 @ 132 MPH
10.40 @ 132 MPH
10.39 @ 131 MPH

And on one pass we raised the bar a little higher with a new launch record of 1.512!

This has been a fun year...

http://www.3800tech.com/lists/fwdlaunch.html

·
Registered
919 Posts
Dayum Scott :p Please tell me someone got a vid.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts