3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody placed a alky nozzle in the vacume t on top of the blower.

Just wanted to know if it would fit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've seen a fiero with a L67 that has it there with some kind of custom plate. I'm not sure how well the misting effect of the nozzle would be going in like that.

You can either use a TB spacer and do it like this

Which is how I have mine right now, I just finished porting a 98 TB and removed the center post and pluged the MAF sensor hole. And tapped the bottom of the TB for my new dual nozzle set up.

I'm relocated the 99 TB's MAF down further on my 4" intake pipe so it will not be affected by the alky. This way the throttle body gets the full effect of cooling along with the blower. You could also tap the top of your blower just after the TB and install a nozzle there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking about just tapping the tb spacer but that 90 degreee bend looks like it would restrict the air flow alot.

I was then thinking about taping the vaccume tee and using a pice of pipe to put the nozzle flush with the blower inlet.

I think their will be plenty of air flow around the nozzle and the pipe for the vaccume t to still get plenty of vaccume.

What do you think ?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I use a NOS duel fogger nozzle (#13700). I had a nitrous set up already, so I run my N2O through the nitrous gas site and the alky though the "fuel" side wich fogs it. It doesnt quite "atomize" it as well as some more expensive, bulky, nozzles... but it works fine and it does allow me to use the TB spacer and shoots it in at the correct 90 degree angle.

I dont know if they make only the fuel nozzles, and a "dry kit nozzle" (single) will not work because it wont fog it. (the nitrous gas doesnt need a fogger, just the gasoline side).. but you could always just cap off the nitrous side of a dual nozzle and run the alky through the fuel side.

does any of that make sense?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here's my new dual nozzle set up. I used a 98 TB with a relocated 99 MAF sensor and removed the center post. Plus ported the bejesus out of it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Bilal,...

Is there some sort of adapter for the Hobbs Pressure switch that allows it to tap into a vaccum line?? If so, where do I get it?
The pictures of the switch that Ive seen dont show a place to accept a vaccum line......

Here's a pic...

Also, what jet size would you recommend...

And last but not least,..... with the DIY kits, there's no 'Adjusting' the amount of spray, right? Its just whatever size jet is installed, THATS what its going to spray when the system is active.. correct??
Unless I drop $200 and get the progressive controller from AlkyControl.com, right..?

Thanks.. I'll let you know if I think of anything else to confuse you with... :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can get a adaptor at Napa or Ace hardware. It simply screws on and you slip the vac line on and clamp it.

You get a nozzle size like M15 = about 9.3 gpm or M10 6.5gpm, If your looking to run a 3.0 you will need a M15 Nozzle.

To save yourself some trouble go to www.coolingmist.com they have the most complete and cheapest systems I have seen. You can get a kit for around $175. He also sells them on ebay so you can get them even cheaper on there. Just type in water injection in the ebay search and it will pop right up.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Just a little FYI, NOS do not work well for water injection! They are made to flow a high pressure gas and not a low presure liquid! Use the proper part for the job and it will better and last longer. Trust me, we've tried!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks Rob, I'll keep that in mind! :)

Get your A$$ back to the track, and dont make a post about a new PB unless its about you breaking into the 11's...!!!! The Club GP bandwidth cant afford for you to keep getting faster times... :D :p

Brian

·
Registered
538 Posts
I believe i have the 15 size. Single nozzle. ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
just FYI, NOS fogger nozzles do atomize the liquid, they are made for atomizing fuel to mix with the gas in a wet setup.
Either way should work, just be sure its a fogger nozzle and the "fuel" side, not the N2O side. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Quick6 said:
Just a little FYI, NOS do not work well for water injection! They are made to flow a high pressure gas and not a low presure liquid! Use the proper part for the job and it will better and last longer. Trust me, we've tried!
ike I said above. It wont work if you use the nitrous nozzle. You MUST use the fuel nozzle. :) (i made the same mistake too) can you say Booooog? ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
i was looking at the McMaster site for the nozzels whats the diffrence between the brass and the copper-nickel? Will the copper-nickel be better for hifher temps? and what size lines do you guys use for the alky?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts