3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to get my car dyno'd sometime next week. I have an air/fuel recalibrator(it has 8 switches inside) and timing adjustmant dial. Similar to the "Happy Knob" on ZZP. I don't know sh*t :confused: about how to tune for more power or less kr. I will ask the tech at the dyno for help but I was wondering if any of you guys had some advice.
Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
First tune in the fuel, then do the timing. Pull back timing until you are not knocking, then check the fuel again. Start putting it back in a degree at a time until you knock, then back it off. Do a couple iterations and you should be right on. Let us know how much you pick up. I would shoot for somewhere in between 11.5 and 12, but everyone has their own opinion on this.

-Geoff

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok...I know I have to use the timing dial to adjust the timing but how do I adjust the fuel?

I do almost all of my own installs but when it comes to this tuning stuff I don't know jack. I'm trying to find a website or someone to explain some of the basics to me.

Thanks

PS: the car is a 2000 Monte Carlo SS with a csc kit and all supporting intake and exhaust mods...incase this helps.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I assume your air/fuel control interfaces with the MAF sensor. This will make you rich or lean. If you have too much fuel (like 10:1), then lean it out 5% or so then make another pull.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts