3800Pro Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I think the first thing I would do is pull your TB and TB spacer off and check for any vac or coolant leaks due to warpage or bad sealing. Then look at the UIM by the EGR port to see if any coolant is leaking there. After that since you had previous valvetrain problems, I'd probably pop your valve covers off and take a peek in there.

As Miko stated..you do NOT adjust idle via that screw. It is meant to be an adjustable throttle blade stop so you do not freak the PCM out with really weird TPS readings.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I think the first thing I would do is pull your TB and TB spacer off and check for any vac or coolant leaks due to warpage or bad sealing. Then look at the UIM by the EGR port to see if any coolant is leaking there. After that since you had previous valvetrain problems, I'd probably pop your valve covers off and take a peek in there.

As Miko stated..you do NOT adjust idle via that screw. It is meant to be an adjustable throttle blade stop so you do not freak the PCM out with really weird TPS readings.
I actually just had the valve covers off like three days ago because of a broken pushrod and that was the only issue I could find under there. As for coolant in the UIM I just replaced the entire top end except for the heads and valves pretty much and I looked in there not too long ago and it still looked pretty new. I will however probbaly take off the throttle body since it's really easy to do, but I want to pick up that scanner first before the car is undrivable and see if it can read any vacuum or TPS diagnostics so I can set it back to 0.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I been messing with this old school stuff too much lately... I swear I knew that! My bad dude! On the vacuum I use a hand vac pump that I use to bleed brakes and stuff as a guage and just add a T fitting temporarily to the system when I don't have a good scanner handy. I bought one of those cheapo ebay scanners for like 25 bucks years ago and after days of searching found some software that would work with it and after a while of tricking the software into working cause I didn't have a real elm it showed about everything the computer can show ya.... so maybe get one of those cept one that cost more than 25 so you know it works. I'm ordering my hptunners friday, sooo excited!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok thanks. I'll take a look, probably gonna have to take the TB off since I have a ZZP TB heat shield bolted on there and there isn't much room to see underneath.
[/QUOTES
sorry to interrupt this conversation but I have a conundrum do they make the same throttle cable on the 3800 2004 gty track cuz I'll be damned if I can find it I have three cars 3 right nowHas anybody ever dealt with a 3800 in the wide track edition because it's got a few things on it that are just plan out Goofy it all started because I'm trying to bypass the stupid theft mode any advice pointing the right direction or help would be extremely appreciated

21 - 24 of 24 Posts