3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
they have these on ebay now pretty cheap but nice fab work have more pics?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
that's an interesting approach... i like the simplicity.

that's really cool, because i looked underneath a new STI's hood and the hood ducting would be really easy to mount under mine to make it functional, if the pipes went out the back it would be really easy to do an STI style intercooler setup........... uh oh i've got a crazy idea and i like it...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Interesting. Keep us posted on the progress. Do you have any more pics with out the blower?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice work. I want one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
how is this going to work???

I don't get it how's that gonna work ?
I get what you mean! I don’t see how it will work either. You have no pictures of the inside of the LIM. If you made a block off plate on the inside of the manifold to force the air in one side and to exit the other side I see how it could work but you do not hive that information posted. If you just welded 2 pieces of pipe on both sides of the LIM with no sort of directional plate to force the air in one side and out the other then you just ruined a good intake and wasted your money on an air to air system that is not going to work no matter how bad you want it to.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Guys please relax, I see it as a stand alone spacer that that can channel air around the air intake. air to air intercoolers have worked for many. If going fast was about buying it over the counter with an instruction book we,d still be rideing horses.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I get what you mean! I don’t see how it will work either. You have no pictures of the inside of the LIM. If you made a block off plate on the inside of the manifold to force the air in one side and to exit the other side I see how it could work but you do not hive that information posted. If you just welded 2 pieces of pipe on both sides of the LIM with no sort of directional plate to force the air in one side and out the other then you just ruined a good intake and wasted your money on an air to air system that is not going to work no matter how bad you want it to.
weld 2 pipes onto the lim? did you read the thread topic? A2A PLATE. did you look even look at the photo?

are you ignorant or do you just like being a smart arse?

you just completely contradicted yourself by saying "i dont see how it will work" followed by how you could see it could work.

i will post more pics soon but as you can see it isnt finished yet. no matter how bad i want it to be.

jeez man lighten up

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys please relax, I see it as a stand alone spacer that that can channel air around the air intake. air to air intercoolers have worked for many. If going fast was about buying it over the counter with an instruction book we,d still be rideing horses.
yeah exactly mate.

·
Registered
27 Posts
weld 2 pipes onto the lim? did you read the thread topic? A2A PLATE. did you look even look at the photo?

are you ignorant or do you just like being a smart arse?

you just completely contradicted yourself by saying "i dont see how it will work" followed by how you could see it could work.

i will post more pics soon but as you can see it isnt finished yet. no matter how bad i want it to be.

jeez man lighten up
Sorry for the rant. It is just there is no information to go off of. You posted a picture of a supercharger sitting on top of what looks like a LIM with a 1-2 in spacer on it with 2 pipes coming out of the side of the spacer. From the picture I could not see how it would work I had to use my imagination to paint a picture for me. It is a great idea but I don’t see (by what you have posted) how it will work. Again sorry for the rant

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I would like to see a pic with the blower off. That would answer all questions. No one is trying to knock your work, it looks good. I could not tell from you pic exactly what you had done. It looked to me that you cut 2 holes and welded pipes on each end. My concern was that the blower would just push all of your boosted air into the intercooler.:icon_eek: Sorry for all of the confusion.

·
Registered
39 Posts
a 2 a

Sorry about the rant and I would like to see. The super market try before you buy mentality runs riot. A guy is proud of something that he made, in his excitement he shared it before he ran and tested it. Believe me with the attitude to his post all you guys deserve is... "Have a look at my time slip guess how I did it" If we stop and think about it the whole idea of this forum as I see it, is to share knowledge to people that care about 3800's. I would think it a lot wiser to help people with a problem you might see rather than make comments on something you don't understand.... That's my Rant.

·
Registered
39 Posts
a 2 a

Sorry about the rant and I would like to see. The super market try before you buy mentality runs riot. A guy is proud of something that he made, in his excitement he shared it before he ran and tested it. Believe me with the attitude to his post all you guys deserve is... "Have a look at my time slip guess how I did it" If we stop and think about it the whole idea of this forum as I see it, is to share knowledge to people that care about 3800's. I would think it a lot wiser to help people with a problem you might see rather than make comments on something you don't understand.... That's my Rant.
I still want one

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
If we stop and think about it the whole idea of this forum as I see it, is to share knowledge to people that care about 3800's. I would think it a lot wiser to help people with a problem you might see rather than make comments on something you don't understand.... That's my Rant.
Like I said, "My concern was that the blower would just push all of your boosted air into the intercooler." I was worried that he would have a problem, and I was trying to make sure he would not waste his time. That is trying to help someone with a potential problem. I was not trying to knock his work. I think it look good. Sorry if I offended anyone, it was not my intention.

·
Registered
39 Posts
a 2 a

All good. :icon_roll I guess I am just in a mood. Trying to stick up for some one trying new things. I am not offended. I can't speak for my ozzie mate because I.ve never meat him, I come on here to learn as much as I can about the l67 I,m trying to get going. I understood what he is trying to do and it's in my nature to not comment on things I don't understand. I wish him all the best and I'm sure most on here do as well. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I have been a member of this forum since it started back in 2004. I have found that almost everyone that is a regular on here is here to offer their support, and to learn them selves. I have checked out other forums, and did not like what I saw. Too many people that think they know everything, and treat others badly. This forum is not that way. Scott and Todd would not put up people like that, and the moderators now won't either.

I also wish him the best. But I would also like to see what his exact plan is. I may want to steal it. :icon_lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts