3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 grand am that i put a 3800 supercharged motor in. I used a 2000 grand prix motor,tranny PCM and wiring. But when i put the grand prix PCM in it . I got around the theft system but the gauge cluster did not work. The car would run after i used starting fluid to fire it up. But the signal to the cluster is different. So i put the grand am PCM back in it. It will start right up but it runs rich and the tranny does not shift right.Everything else works. I think i need a hybrid PCM. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Grand prix PCM i have not gauges or the grand am PCM it runs rich and the tranny does not shift right.You can email me at [email protected].

·
Registered
484 Posts
I find it hard to believe the PCM for the 3.3 had enough pinouts to match the L67 wiring pinout's for the 3300 PCM to even so much as turn the engine over, and so that it runs (rich or not). :eek:

Your best bet is to contact Intense or DHP and see what they might be able to burn for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
99 grand am with 3800supercharged motor

You can how see the car my 99 grand am that i put a 3800 superchared motor in. Go to my web site to see pictures of it. newfinish.com.

·
Registered
38 Posts
That is awesome man. Congrats on the hard work. I know of a bunch of people that said a project like this couldnt be done.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
99 grand am with a 3800 supercharged

It was not easy to do. I thought that i would never get it done either. The PCM problem was the hardest to figure out. But i got everything to work so far. I could not find anyone that has done this on a 99 up Grand Am.

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
99 grand am with a 3800 supercharged

www.newfinish.com At the top of page click on the grand am link. at the bottom of the page there is a page 2 and 3. That shows the motor in the car. I have had people having problem finding the pictures of the motor. I hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts