3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Buick LeSabre 3.8 V6 Gen 2
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 99 Buick LeSabre gen 2 3.8 V6. Before I bought this car I had a 97 LeSabre with the same exact setup and after many months of putting $ into it I feel pretty confident about my knowledge of this engine. With the 99 les I purchased the first thing I noticed was no water in radiator and the coolant reservoir cap was missing. I grew up in shops, my dad was a certified master technician so I've seen this before. I immediately started to take the engine apart because this is a basic effect caused by blown head gaskets. Getting down to the head gaskets I realized my theory was correct front Bank had a blown head gasket and all of my water was being held in the cylinders of rear Bank. After putting the engine back together and connecting all wires and brackets I had a starter issue so I replaced the starter now I'm having an issue where the fuel pump won't engage. I took the fuel pump out cleaned it and all its terminals and proceeded to connect a power and ground to the prongs of the fuel pump. I got the pump to engage I then put the pump back in the tank and connected the connectors but still the pump won't even engage to prime when the key is in the on position. I checked fuses and relays and I have even replaced the ignition switch cylinder. I am at a loss right now and any help would be very appreciated.

PS I have also bypassed the security vat system but I had the original keys so all I did was solder the ignition wires from the ignition cylinder to one of the chips in one of the old keys and no security light blinks it turns on for five seconds when the key is on and then cuts off so I don't believe it's security issue

·
Registered
1999 Buick LeSabre 3.8 V6 Gen 2
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also as a side note when the key is in the on position my idle air control valve steadily clicks and my windows won't roll down all of a sudden

1 - 2 of 2 Posts