3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other site is down so I'm hoping some GP guys are floating around here. I'm having an issue with my hvac controls. I have the 3-knobber setup. I can't seem to find a decent looking replacement locally, but came across the newer style (01-03) manual controls with the two sliders in the middle for dual zone heat that looks to be in good shape. The connections on the back look identical to the 3 knob setup. I was wondering if I could just swap them out and just run it as a single zone?

·
Registered
844 Posts
go to a local junkyard and poull one...tell them no warranty when you go up front and for probably 10$ youll be able to tell us lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found the issue. I pulled the knob off and it had a small crack in it. Not big enough to make it fall off in my hand, but small enough that is still holds the metal retaining clip, but flex when I would try to turn the knob instead of turning the stalk on the switch. I'm trying the dorman knob kit since its only a couple bucks.

Its hard to find w-bodys in the few salvage yards around here & speaking with Ed Morad who's yard was big into these years ago (as I'm sure quite a few others remember) has since moved on to other vehicles. There is an '03 GP SE at a scrap yard about 20 mins from my job with the manual dual zone controls which is why I asked in the first place. I may still pull the heater control out of that on my lunch break one day just for shits and giggles if they are willing to sell cheap enough

·
Administrator
1,252 Posts
The Omaha yards seem to have decent selection, still, so I'm hoping that helps if I can get specific items people would like shipped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts