3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how hard it is to get at the fuel pump in a mid 90's Monte Carlo? Trying to help a friend of my wife's good friend who doesn't have the $ to have a shop do it. It is a non SC car.

Drop tank or is there an access door? Any idea on time to do? I have dropped many tanks to do pumps, but none with the access door. Hoping it is and fairly easy.

Anyone got tips on a good reliable stock pump for a non L67 car? Anyone got a working one that they can donate? She just got her Social Security yanked from her ex who lives out of country in court and this is her car to get her to and from work. (Rockford, IL area) She is in a bind right now.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I saw a video where it was easy access in the right side of the trunk but that was maybe for 2000-newer, and for the second question, the local junkyard is where I get most of my parts.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Anyone know how hard it is to get at the fuel pump in a mid 90's Monte Carlo? Trying to help a friend of my wife's good friend who doesn't have the $ to have a shop do it. It is a non SC car.

Drop tank or is there an access door? Any idea on time to do? I have dropped many tanks to do pumps, but none with the access door. Hoping it is and fairly easy.

Anyone got tips on a good reliable stock pump for a non L67 car? Anyone got a working one that they can donate? She just got her Social Security yanked from her ex who lives out of country in court and this is her car to get her to and from work. (Rockford, IL area) She is in a bind right now.

Thanks!
Not exactly sure about that model year. BUT, most later models have an access door right behind the rear seat back. If yours is like that, you might be able to remove from the front of trunk..... IF not, you may have to drop the gas tank and also be careful with the pump wiring. If you have to lower the gas tank, use a good size board and a floor jack to lower the tank after metal straps and wiring are removed and unbolted. You may have to remove the gas tank filler pipe also before lowering the tank. When you put it back together, use some silicone lube for easier filler pipe reinstall. It"s not terribly difficult but it is a bit time consuming. One last thing, if the gas tank has a lot of fuel in it, be careful.....these can be heavy if there's a lot of fuel in the tank. Best of luck,,,,,,Mr goodwrench(Jake). GET BACK WHEN IT'S DONE AND LET US KNOW HOW IT ALL WENT FOR YOU......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts