3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a magazine at work the other day(I think a 4WD mag.) There was something about a blower for Toyota trucks with the TRD package or whatever, but anyway, they said it is an option to get a kit with a seventh fuel injector that would dump fuel into the intake air before the blower.Not N2O, fuel. They said it would give the fuel a cooler charge and could yield some decent HP #'s. Does this sound like it would be worth trying, or just a waste of time? Anyone else ever heard of or tried this? Would it be just like alky injection? If someone can shed some light that would be great!

Thanks

Scott

·
Registered
187 Posts
There are kits for GM trucks to do this. I don't think it would help any if your running the proper sized injectors for your apllication. Also you would be sending raw fuel through the blower which I personally wouldn't like to do to my rotors.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'm building a 7th injector system for GTP's as we speak. Yes, fuel will cool the charge. I'm not using gas, I'd like to use E85 injection, but I don't want to add a seperate fuel system for it. I'm hoping as this system gets developed, someone will carry the torch and sell it, because I don't plan to. How 'bout a link...
http://www.ilgpc.com/forum2/index.php?showtopic=5917

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ron,

At least you know what your talking about. More than I know.

Good luck with your kit, let me know how it turns out. Why dont you want to use gas, especially if you dont want another fuel system? What is the E85 you want to use?

Thanks alot

Scott

·
Registered
467 Posts
E85 is an alternative fuel, made up mostly of grain alcohols. Any car can run on it, and it's about 110 octane. However, it's highly corrosive. A second fuel system needs to be made to hold up to it. It'll work in a regular car, but it's alcohol, it releases less energy than gasoline, so it'll make less power and shoot up the fuel system quick. The advantage to injecting it is that if controlled precisely, it can lower combustion chamber temps and allow a lot more boost before detonation. It'd really be easier to make a 7th injector system, and tapping into the washer fluid tank for running a water/alky mix for the same benefit. Even though I have an IC on my car, I think for a lot of reasons alky injection is better. I'm going to keep the IC on, and run alky, but I'll be stepping down to 89 or 87 octane to get more bang out of the combustion in the lower revs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.