3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week ago, my friend got his laptop and autotap so we tested it out on my car. On my last WOT run, without performance shift on so I wasn't shifting at 6200 rpm with my stage 1 pcm, so factory shift points, I had 7.5* of KR, this is with the mods in my sig, if I haven't updated it here yet, I just rebuilt my engine a bit ago and put in a 1X Cam, I have a 3" Downpipe/no cat. What would be the best "budget mods" or ways to get rid of this kr before I spend the money on headers. I have to concentrate on rebuilding my tranny now so thats why I need to do this on a budget. After the cold weather is over I do plan on going to a 160 t-stat and going to Autolite 103 plugs, and I know putting in stiffer motor mounts will help out too. Any suggestions much appreciated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Try some race gas, or try a few gallons of xylene to see if it is real or false KR. You should be able to run a 3.20 pulley with no KR with that cam. Check your o2's at WOT and see what they are. It could be as simple as your running to lean.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had 4-5* of KR once I did my recent mods (s1x, p&p heads, PEMs) and it was quite discouraging to see that kind of KR with a cam and 3.4 pulley. But your answer lies in a tuning device, such as a miniAFC or the likes. I was running very lean once I put these mods on and lean=very bad. Once I tuned with my miniAFC 2.0, I was running KR free. When I tried to go to a 3.2, the KR came back big-time. I was running lean again because my injectors went static and couldn't put enough fuel into the mixture. So for now, until I can get $$$ for injectors, I'm running KR free with my 3.4 pulley.

HTH.

·
Registered
791 Posts
With the 1xcam and dhp pcm your car is running lean thats the reason for the knock. Your stock injectors are static with these mods. The cam requires more feul and the dhp pcm changes your feul trim for more feul. invest in some 42 lbs/h injectors before you do damage. think of it this way the more power you make the more feul you need and you just dont have enough. So get injectors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I do know what all is needed to get the car running right and solve my knock issues. I do run a open 9 inch K&N Cone, but nope, no headers yet. Day day, there is another ryan that has a gold 4 door package that runs the same intake but he has S&S Headers. I have the Intense Stage 1 PCM, I booted the dhp since I hear trying to get a custom tune pcm to go with the cam is to much of a headache. All this stuff will come in time, it is alot of money headers aren't cheap, injectors are up there too. Its been hard lately, jog has been cutting hours so I'm having to start looking again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.