3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Hopefully somebody will have some ideas. I thought I had an out of balance wheel because I would get a shimmy around 60 MPH. Since my tires were old anyways I decided to replace them. Since then I have put 11 new tires and 4 new rims on the car with them being road force balanced. The suspension has also been checked by 4 different mechanics. I still have a shimmy on the highway. I did have the trans rebuilt and am wondering if that may be causing the issue? Or if anybody has some other ideas it would be greatly appreciated because this is driving me crazy!!!!

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Very important to check the trans axles. They usually start to cause a vibration around 40mph. Still, very possible one is going bad.....aggravating ..good luck

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks will have them checked.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I know this is old but did you find out what it was? My slight vibration in the steering wheel begins at 50 and 70mph. Balanced wheels 3 times and still there. Thanks!
Try rotating front to rear tires/wheels to see if the vibration in the steering wheel goes away or not. If it does, the vibration is most likely the front tires or rims.....maybe you could have lost a wheel balancing weight?? One other thing that might be an issue is a tire body separation. This will also cause wheel vibration.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts