3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I did this swap last spring so I thought maybe if somebody have a question maybe I could be helpful.

You can join me here and at my e-mail address : [email protected]

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put a L67/tranny from a 1998 Bonneville SSEI, with a 1997 GTP wiring/PCM into my 1997 Monte Carlo Z34.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I like your car a lot, hopefully I'll be joining the 3800 SC monte club soon :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What are you waiting? :confused: You have the engine right? Stop looking at it, you'll see, it'll look even better under your hood! :cool:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Yeah, I've got the motor, trans, etc etc, just need to get the block to the hot tank & magnaflux so I can start putting it back together.

·
Registered
39 Posts
A buddy of mone wants to do this swap in his 95 Monte. Would it be any more difficult because it has the OBD1?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think it will be more difficult since all the wire going inside are mostly for the gauges wich are the same for all 95-99 (I think :confused: )... He'll may want to add the OBD2 port (usually under the dash, on the right side of the stering) but that would only be a couple more wire...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Really. I thought it would be almost the same as 96-97 but you may be right, I never saw the wiring diagram of a 95. Would you happen to know the difference? I'm interested in this (and I think it could help some people too)...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Didn't DOHCZ34 on mymonte has a 95? He may be able to tell us...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Anyone know exactly how many of these L67s have been swapped into 5th gen montes? I think I know of 5:

Intimd8r, blackZ34, Milzy, DOHC, and Chevanater are there any others?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, another black monte, I forgot his name (I'm feeling stupid!!!), he's on Mymomte though...and the first one (but he never show proof and he said he removed the engine to sell the car... :rolleyes: ) Occiperformance...

·
Vendor
86 Posts
blackZ34 said:
Yes, another black monte, I forgot his name (I'm feeling stupid!!!), he's on Mymomte though...and the first one (but he never show proof and he said he removed the engine to sell the car... :rolleyes: ) Occiperformance...
i've met Josh a few times, and i believe everything he said about doing the swap.

·
Registered
314 Posts
yea its fun when you race someone that thinks hes fast but really isnt, then after you win he says "don't you have a 3.4?" and you can just smile and say suuure :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts