3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1981 Gbody with a 3.8 and recently purchased a 3.8 Gen 2 Supercharged engine. I would appreciate any info on doing this switch...what to do, what to buy, what to look out for. All help would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
959 Posts
A few folks have successfully done this, and it seems like a fun venture. As long as you get the mounts setup (probably based on F-body ones), you just want to get the harness/computer/fuse box prepared and probably get the schematics to clean it up and know what you're dealing with. You'll also need to get the fuel pump swapped to a decent upgraded one that supplies enough for the new system.

Here's a discussion with links for more info on Fiero swaps (very similar requirements for any platform that requires getting the wiring, mounts, and such in there to make it work).
He's posted tons of variety of info, and he's been pretty good about trying to get it right fir the basics. I've had to address the same typical things when working on multiple swaps to non-3800 Series 2/3 cars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts