3800Pro Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Administrator
1,402 Posts
My email is same name at gmail, if you want to get into your specifics more (didn't go anywhere, I'm the most active guy here the past couple years to keep the platform active, you just didn't ask questions while stating things in recent posts).

The turbo isn't really going to be the draw, more likely the intake vacuum draws it and sends it thru the engine and out the exhaust, which passes thru the turbo hot side.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Well Damn Dave my bad it was just an expression big dog. Was happy to hear from you that's all. So what your saying is pull the intake manifold off and plug those holes? That's probably were the coolant is coming from? because it's warped there due to the EGR? (If that's the case and it is warped shouldn't I just get a new one?)Also you said previously i should delete the EGR but I have it hooked up to the rear exhaust manifold and that will be a Bitch to get at while in the car pull out the motor agian? Or I'm I over thinking it here. I know you're going to reply with do whatever I think is right but that gets me coolant in the turbo. What would you do from here. Also I Pulled the spark plugs out and cranked on the motor a few times no coolant came out the holes so I'm guessing the gaskets are installed correctly. ( Was thinking head or intake gaskets) need to pull the turbo to confirm.

·
Administrator
1,402 Posts
You are all about pulling the turbo for some reason. Coolant doesn't run to the turbo, unless you have a ball-bearing center section with coolant ports. Anything going thru the turbo is because something is not right at the engine.

EGR takes 5min to get off, and you ignored the supplier who gave you the parts to block it when you were installing. A 10mm Gearwrench or 1/4 drive ratchet will get back there to unbolt it (you may have to add some leverage to crack it loose, and possibly pull downpipe to get space).

You asked a bunch of questions I answered already, regarding plugging the coolant passages, and I suggest you use appropriate decision making to determine what to replace if warped. Diving into engine work means you're signing up for some decision making, and only so.much input from others can be applied, since we can only hear part of the situation on the other side of the screen.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
First off Dave don't know what your problem is all of a sudden. Not everyone knows 3800's up and down in and out like you that's why we're here trying to learn. This is my first time really doing anything like this that is what all of my "questions" are about I know you answered them I'm just a little lost in translation regardless Thanks for the input all leave you alone .

·
Administrator
1,402 Posts
As someone who gets info from the biggest 3800 vendor, and echo'd suggestion with reasons from a 3800-based forum, you still installed the EGR on a turbo setup. That doesn't indicate someone who's looking for input, moreso just wanting to display their project (which is fine) and validate their choices already made.

You're free to do what you want, it's your car. You asked what parts might cause coolant issues, it's most likely intake manifold-related due to the reasons already discussed. If you need to re-read that, and think out loud to get it, cool. Immediately replying to re-state things you clearly comprehended (but didn't want to agree with) doesn't do anything to advance your troubleshooting.

Have you unbolted the UIM to look at the o-rings, yet? Have you done anything physically since I posted those images of exactly what I was talking about? My reply was carefully built as I Googled basic terms to get the images, and put them with descriptions of what I was saying. Any further words wouldn't have additional info until you take some steps to inspect/work on it more.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Here you go again Mr self righteous.Yes I left the EGR on only because the damn turbo kit instructions said my set up didn't need to remove it for my specific kit.by the time I realized what the EGR was (thank you by the way) it was all bolted up in the car .Like I have said multiple times I'm no mechanic/pro when it comes to my car just trying to learn. Not looking for validation been looking for answers from day one. It's my day off that's what the "immediate" responses are about. Have the fuel rails/injectors out supercharger case and throttle body off O-rings look fine working on getting the manifold off so I can tap and plug the holes thanks.

·
Administrator
1,402 Posts
Related to your project:. Continue posting pics of your steps, and maybe we catch something in the corner of our eyes.

Off-topic:
Bud, I post here simply to keep the lights on in the community. If I didn't want to help, I wouldn't spend 5-10-15min digging up clear photos and scratching my brain while deciphering posts/questions for what's going on. I took the day off, too, and also check here randomly (almost) daily with the New button, to make sure people aren't hearing crickets.

There's only a couple sites left for this stuff, and most members haven't experienced the full cycle of 3800 mods/reasons/issues/etc., so I try to dig thru my 20yrs of cobwebs to ensure people get some budget-friendly fun out of these cars while they last. People tend to get into 3800's nowadays because they can't afford something more modern/faster that's got more aftermarket options. We all have our excuses of "unique" or "challenge" and so on, but we all have an honest story behind why we have a 15-25yr old family sedan and decided to throw a couple parts at it for giggles. Barking at another person at this level does nothing to advance it, and will discourage you more than anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Off-topic:
Bud, I post here simply to keep the lights on in the community. If I didn't want to help, I wouldn't spend 5-10-15min digging up clear photos and scratching my brain while deciphering posts/questions for what's going on. I took the day off, too, and also check here randomly (almost) daily with the New button, to make sure people aren't hearing crickets.

There's only a couple sites left for this stuff, and most members haven't experienced the full cycle of 3800 mods/reasons/issues/etc., so I try to dig thru my 20yrs of cobwebs to ensure people get some budget-friendly fun out of these cars while they last. People tend to get into 3800's nowadays because they can't afford something more modern/faster that's got more aftermarket options. We all have our excuses of "unique" or "challenge" and so on, but we all have an honest story behind why we have a 15-25yr old family sedan and decided to throw a couple parts at it for giggles. Barking at another person at this level does nothing to advance it, and will discourage you more than anything.
Dezldave 961-
A newbie here with a message of thanks and gratitude for the time and effort you and other 3800 veterans put forward offering valuable insight and experience.
Much appreciated.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts