3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there’s a few of you guys out there interested in this swap so more than anything I’m posting this to allow questions to be answered. I swapped an l36 from a 97 camaro into a 1991 s10 with the s10 t5 and used the camaro harness and ecu using hp tuners. Any questions welcome! I’ll answer them to the best of my ability ?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Been considering this for years with my MP112 setup, but wound up getting an EcoBoost F-150 after shopping went from S-10 to Colorado to Tacoma to F-150 by the time I pulled the trigger. :icon_lol:

Did you use the truck's 4cyl engine mounts (I heard they may line up better than the 4.3's)?

What kind of headers have you used/any? Camaro, Mustang, etc? I know older ones may convert easier with more size options.

Guessing there's plenty of space for an I/C'd supercharger, since it's not tucked under the wiper tray?

Guessing you are RWD not 4WD? Any axle upgrade plans if you do power upgrades?

I've built a few S2/3 3800 swaps for some older GM vehicles (Fieros, early 90's cars), but did going that far back require extra effort to get the dash, etc. talking right?

Pics are always welcome!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would really like to do this swap to my 99 2.2 M5. Same questions as above. What all did it take to make the engine fit? I've done plenty of engine swaps but mostly stock to stock blown powerstroke turbo diesels. Would really like to do this swap on my weekends.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts