3800Pro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

99 Pontiac Sunfire, 5 speed
08 N/A bottom end (with a replaced #3 slug done in a driveway!)
VS cam
GenV w/2.8
N* / LQ4
Home ported heads
Phenolic I/C

Almost forgot... Tuned by Brian! (although not complete, but will suffice for the year until spring)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
mad props, that power to weight has to be killer

is it on e85 or gas or what?

and i just realized... manual, fckn perfect with a blower

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mad props, that power to weight has to be killer

is it on e85 or gas or what?

and i just realized... manual, fckn perfect with a blower

Perfect, until you need traction!

I wish we had e85 locally, sucks... we make it, but don't sell it. It is on 94 pump gas with a little bit of race gas to keep any knock down, but I had zero issues with knock on any pull so I was happy.

I would have gotten video but my friend that was supposed to come had car issues, it will be back on the dyno in the spring, 400 should be pretty easy with more tuning and a smaller pulley.

It might even get a bottle... like I need it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would have liked to see the power from 1500 rpm's up.

Wish you had the ability to go CORN
I wish too, there are 2, each about an hour away.

We tried a pull from 2k, engine didn't like the load at all, pegged the knock gauge instantly. Tried again at 3 and no issues.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
so.... tell me you have headers on that now, the old vid on your youtube channel it still had manifolds

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so.... tell me you have headers on that now, the old vid on your youtube channel it still had manifolds
I do yes, they are SD headers, the front was easy but the rear was such a pita, had to be modified quite a bit to fit.

The stock manifolds are an aweful design, too much heat stuck in the cylinders, headers let them breathe much easier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts