3800Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
172 Posts
Everything expands and contracts with temperature. It's hard to say for sure where your leak is without seeing the car myself. Are you saying it's internal because you don't see a puddle on the ground or is it because your oil is milky? If your oil is milky it's either intake or head gaskets. I've never heard of a blown head gasket on an NA car. If your oil isn't milky make sure your heater elbows aren't cracked or leaking. Even new ones are hit or miss.

· Registered
172 Posts
No coolant in oil. Its getting into the combustion system somehow and coming out through exhaust? Elbows have been replaced with aluminum.
Coming out the exhaust? Are you sure? Is it puffing a lot of white smoke? White steam is on startup is normal if it's freezing outside. How is your coolant level? Are you frequently topping off?

Be careful with those elbows. A lot of people swear by the aluminums, but they often require some work to get sealed.

· Registered
172 Posts
Also, how did your intake look? Most of the time, corrosion on the blank spots is totally fine. However, I've seen some pictures going around of people with pitting so bad that it goes all the way through to the plenum. That could could be a cause, but the car would have to be pretty seriously neglected for that to happen.

· Registered
172 Posts
It's possible that the timing or rear covers can be leaking internally too. That's not a common issue unless they've been replaced in the past. If you're confident in your intake job, then it might be worth looking there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts